Author Topic: playmobil sea  (Read 12621 times)

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
Re: playmobil sea
« Reply #10 on: April 18, 2010, 15:54:00 »
I personally dont like this.. I think its much neater and better looking to use blue cloth on a surface ( like the typ eof cloth used in pool tables) for example rather than this ...  :)

you don't like the method they used to the boxes or to the picture that wolf night posted?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #11 on: April 18, 2010, 16:47:13 »
I think you may mean 'cling film'  used to cover left over food etc.
To me the first picture looks like scrunched up cellophane!

Yes thats it Elaine, cling film, thank you.
Cellophane?!?!? Might be...

Giorginetto is right...It looks much better to place a blue cloth to create the diorama...
(i am planning  something involving ice...but i will also need to create smoke.....

Offline Giorginetto

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil Aficionado
    • TheGiorginetto channel
« Reply #12 on: April 18, 2010, 17:09:07 »

you don't like the method they used to the boxes or to the picture that wolf night posted?

I think a blu cloth looks much neater and beater but that sof course a matter of opinion. Some \of the old playmobil dioramas look amazing even today but some others in my opinion have some details as this cling film sea effect that is not very nice... :)
:knight: Steck is Holy . Bring back more steck sets and its guardians , the Nuremberg Guards :knight:

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: April 18, 2010, 17:10:31 »
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: April 18, 2010, 17:14:07 »
I think a blu cloth looks much neater and beater but that sof course a matter of opinion. Some \of the old playmobil dioramas look amazing even today but some others in my opinion have some details as this cling film sea effect that is not very nice... :)

you refer to 3551 ship's box i personally love it. the cloth is a little amateur not impressive for me as you said is what everybody likes!!!!
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: April 18, 2010, 17:29:48 »
ice is nice good looking but not  permanent and perhaps not safe for the toy  smoke you can use cotton for it see the  links

Sorry alexi but I've decided that when it comes to my projects and my dioramas i'll experiment so much i am prepeared to sacrifice a few playmobil parts.....too bad, but you cannot make an omelet without cracking some eggs....

I do not need the ice to be ermanent, just to shoot the pictures for the project...and we are not talking about fire smoke...more like mist smoke..... ;D ;D ;D ;D

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: April 18, 2010, 18:11:40 »
it sounds intresting would you share it with us here when you make it?
 the kind of smoke you want must be real smoke i use burning sticks for making a nice atmosphere exept of the smell they make they produce a big amount of smoke if you use 3 of them let's say you can make the smoke you want with these .especially if you put them under a led light will show more here they are  http://www.agrariahome.com/images/P/Burning_Sticks_Lavender_Rosemary.jpg

http://www.making-incense.com/images/burning%20char/burners.jpg

don't look at the second picture's smoke it is a little but ussally it's 3x that smoke i use the celestian sense burning sticks they have the best results!!  or livani that use to funerals hope i helped
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: April 18, 2010, 19:24:50 »
Thank you for your suggestions alexi, but in this case i think dry ice is the answer..... ;) The project will take too long as i am planning it now for almost a year...

Offline playmo1989

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: April 18, 2010, 19:32:42 »
dry ice  :eh?:  what is this  ,for the smoke?
The spirits rule !!!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: April 18, 2010, 19:46:36 »
I'm not sure where the question of smoke came from (I've looked quickly through the topic but didn't see any reference to it until it just suddenly appeared), but it is possible to buy smoke "pills" from some toy or joke shops.  I have some but haven't tried them out yet, but if you wish, Wolf Knight, I'll try one and take some photos for you to see what the smoke looks like.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”