Author Topic: I'm out of ideas  (Read 2967 times)

Offline flatcat

• Playmo Master
I'm out of ideas
« on: April 09, 2010, 20:40:54 »
Hi,
Sorry it's me again about my bloomin castle ::)

After spending lots of money on extra steck (I only had a 3666) I planned to make my own castle, but my ideas have been ruined by stecks versatility (the usual lack of 4 way connectors and limits with the floorspace that can be created).

However I haven't got much steck and I am usually a modern collector so does anyone have any hints or tips or even ideas on how and what to build with this system :prays:

My imagination has gone completely and feeling rather depressed at spending most of my savings on it and not being able to create anything :(

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: I'm out of ideas
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2010, 21:05:24 »

After spending lots of money on extra steck (I only had a 3666) I planned to make my own castle, but my ideas have been ruined by stecks versatility (the usual lack of 4 way connectors and limits with the floorspace that can be created).

My imagination has gone completely and feeling rather depressed at spending most of my savings on it and not being able to create anything :(

Sorry to read you're in the dumps, Damo, but don't worry, put the idea out of your mind and get on with other things and ideas will soon come.  Meanwhile, there is a four-way connector,although it's in brown:

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-08-8240
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2010, 21:58:46 »
I do not beleive that connectior is a four way connector usable for castle pieces.
It looks like it is not tall enough for it, :no:
But I do not have the set, I cannot say for sure.
I believe that four way connector is for the bottom of the house, the wood foundation.
Which I know is only half the size of a regular steck castle piece.
Unless there is another four way connector in that set that is taller? ???
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: April 09, 2010, 22:06:32 »

In fact there is one, even though not in this set:
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30%2005%203070

But Gordon is right anyway, unfortunately, there is only one in brown.

best,
socrates

"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: April 09, 2010, 22:30:01 »
I do not beleive that connectior is a four way connector usable for castle pieces.
It looks like it is not tall enough for it, :no:
But I do not have the set, I cannot say for sure.
I believe that four way connector is for the bottom of the house, the wood foundation.
Which I know is only half the size of a regular steck castle piece.

Ah, you may be right, but there was a four-way connector and I had some and thought they were from a safari set.  Apologies for that.  But there certainly was (still is?) a four-way brown connector the right height for Steck.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2010, 22:32:14 »
In fact there is one, even though not in this set:
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30%2005%203070

But Gordon is right anyway, unfortunately, there is only one in brown.

best,
socrates

Thank you Socrates for finding this.  Now I can add them to my order!  And being brown wasn't really a problem, expecially if they were joining open framework sections.

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: April 10, 2010, 05:09:21 »
I had the same problems with my castle foundation.... What i did was this....

Now it will take some experimentation to see how can the floor panels, any of them, fit properly.....