Author Topic: Disassembling a 3781 fire truck....the Bill Blackhurst method illustrated!!!  (Read 9255 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Many thanks Bill!!! I am glad you liked the result!!! ;)
Can you please post an image of that wooden hanger pin so that I understand which part of the hanger is exactly?

This is the wooden clothes pin I use. Using wooden tools helps prevent scratches, gouges, & is kinder to the disassembly procedures.

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Oh now i understand!!! Yes very brilliant indeed Bill!!! I've always thought that it would take various kinds of tools to get the work done! Seeing your methods I see this is not the case!!! Simple tools can make things work!!!!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Oh now i understand!!! Yes very brilliant indeed Bill!!! I've always thought that it would take various kinds of tools to get the work done! Seeing your methods I see this is not the case!!! Simple tools can make things work!!!!

You are correct Panos! Sometimes simple is better :)9! One idea you may consider, you can modify this type of clothes pin with a knife, Dremel Tool, sandpaper or (knights spear or sword) to make it thinner or smaller to reach tighter access areas, or leave it thicker for more more heavy duty applications. I find these pins very versatile, & if they break, no problem they can be cheaply replaced ;)!
« Last Edit: April 10, 2010, 15:39:09 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master

This is a picture of the large door & window construction shims that a large pack of them costs very little. They're very handy to have around, especially when disassembling a vehicle body because they will help provide space in between the chassis & body components due to being gradual thicknesses to prevent the tabs from reattaching themselves causing major frustration :hissyfit:!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Very nice tutorial Panos! A good 'knight/night crew' you have there.  :lol:

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
Thank you Gepetto!!!
Well the fir truck is washed and clean now...i reassebled it last night. I'm at work on but once i get back i'll post a photo....

Offline skypurr

• Crafty Klicky
  • Playmo Master
That was great Panos - My avatar wishes my truck needed attention having seen your knights having such fun taking yours apart! 
I must remember all this because if my truck needs to go on the beach to help anyone it may need cleaning then.  :)

Elaine
          A house is not a home without a cat (or two).

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
This is the wooden clothes pin I use. Using wooden tools helps prevent scratches, gouges, & is kinder to the disassembly procedures.

It's also kinder to the fingers and hands if things slip!  I must remember to use a wooden clothes peg as they're called over here in future rather than a screwdriver!
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
That was an excellent photo-story/instruction guide, Wolf Knight.  The text and photos were both excellent and the humour very amusing.  I especially liked the photo of the knights fighting.  You had some really lifelike poses there which I would have thought it would have been impossible to create in a Playmobil figure.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Wolf Knight

• Playmo Guru
That was great Panos - My avatar wishes my truck needed attention having seen your knights having such fun taking yours apart! 
I must remember all this because if my truck needs to go on the beach to help anyone it may need cleaning then.  :)

Elaine

Glad to know that your fire truck will get to see more action than mine Elaine...(unless there is a time traveling story...and its needed to put out a fire in a medieval castle....) ;D ;D ;D ;D