Author Topic: New 2010 sets, some details  (Read 43159 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: New 2010 sets, some details
« Reply #190 on: February 19, 2010, 08:39:49 »
Hello

I do not remember the logo there before but the whole Top Agents theme now has some awards logo. It is called "Toy Innovation 2010" and I could not find any info on it on the site? Did they win this at the toy fair?

The more I look at these sets I have a feeling they are not only going to be popular for the boys but I too am going to enjoy using them in dioramas.

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline reylocann

• Playmo Fanatic
  • One can never have too many cats!
« Reply #191 on: February 19, 2010, 15:16:59 »
Hi Ras   :wave:

I believe they also got "Parents Choice" awards, "Oppenheim", etc... The company usually gets a few different ones each year.  :cheerlead:

Different associations give out the awards at different times....  the TIA (Toy Industry of America) announces @ Toy Fair.  Most of the other award givers see the products for the first time @ Toy Fair so there reviews / awards come out later in the year.  I used to fill out about 20 surveys a year!   :toot:  ASTRA (American Specialty Toy Retailing Association) does a really good list - their input comes from retailers who are on the front lines of product distribution  :lens:

Here is the link to the Playmobil list - 2009-2010 aren't included...  :eh?:
http://store.playmobilusa.com/on/demandware.store/Sites-US-Site/en_US/Link-Page?cid=AWARDS04

Rey

« Last Edit: February 19, 2010, 15:27:09 by reylocann »

You can discover more about a person in an hour of play than in a year of conversation. - Plato

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #192 on: February 22, 2010, 23:34:24 »
how can it be possible that a "black peter" invented as a servant 150 years ago is still "in use" today escapes my understanding...  ???
the santa claus figure looks nice though.
  :)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #193 on: February 23, 2010, 00:43:03 »
how can it be possible that a "black peter" invented as a servant 150 years ago is still "in use" today escapes my understanding...  ???

Tradition? I know what you mean, it does seem a bit outdated and non-PC    8}

At least it gives employment to folk at Christmas time. White folk with their faces painted, naturally.

Offline Elric

• Playmo Master
« Reply #194 on: February 23, 2010, 00:58:51 »

At least it gives employment to folk at Christmas time. White folk with their faces painted, naturally.

HAHA!

Offline Coyote

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #195 on: February 23, 2010, 02:00:32 »
Ah. you crazy Europeans...   :lol: ;D
  Peoples Republic of Maine  :D

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #196 on: February 23, 2010, 09:09:28 »

Well we never had slavery or blackface entertainers here. Thus for most Belgians it doesn't feel racist at all. The official rep these days is that Pete is black because he climbs down the chimney all the time,not because he is a negro. The historical truth is that Saint Nickolaus was a Byzantine Bischop who had Arab servants. The Belgians made him a Spaniard with a black servant (can you blame them? 99% of the population had never seen a black man or an Arab. And by the way for the childeren, Zwarte Piet is somekind of hero, He is always playing tricks on Sinterklaas and is the funniest guy in the world+ he gives you toys!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #197 on: February 23, 2010, 12:16:45 »

Well we never had slavery or blackface entertainers here.

HC, I'm sure that you've read this article from the BBC ... HERE ...

Please understand that this is just to put everything into historical perspective.

Everyone at Playmofriends seems to be loving, caring wonderful people. None of us would probably ever do any of the things that were done by some of those misguided people of the past, regardless of which country they supposedly represented.

Unfortunately, there are few, if any, "lily-white" nations. We all seem to have a "skeleton (or two) in our closets."

Let's just remember that it wasn't us. And, it isn't any of us now. It was then. And, it's over. But, also let's never pretend that it didn't happen. Because if we ignore the truth of the past, we may all live to see it repeated again.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #198 on: February 23, 2010, 16:38:30 »

HC, I'm sure that you've read this article from the BBC ... HERE ...

Everyone at Playmofriends seems to be loving, caring wonderful people. None of us would probably ever do any of the things that were done by some of those misguided people of the past, regardless of which country they supposedly represented.

Unfortunately, there are few, if any, "lily-white" nations. We all seem to have a "skeleton (or two) in our closets."

All the best,
Richard

Hi

I wouldn't mind a few slaves of any color or nationality  :P I have a LOT of work around here and our kids are still too young  :lol: I would love them and care for them, who wants a disgruntled worker   ;) I might even get them some Playmobil of their own ( at least that is what I will tell them  >:D)

Thanks for explaining things a bit more thoroughly for those of us who do not know where some of Playmobils ideas come from  :wow:

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #199 on: February 23, 2010, 23:17:32 »
... I would love them and care for them, who wants a disgruntled worker   ;) I might even get them some Playmobil of their own...

I would become a slave! If I got playmobil that is...  :lol:
Steck is BACK! <:>