Author Topic: New 2010 sets, some details  (Read 43168 times)

Offline SubaruWolf

• Playmo Enthusiast
Re: New 2010 sets, some details
« Reply #170 on: February 06, 2010, 22:53:34 »
I've long since liked stained glass so I find that little addition of the small floral glass window in the new house to be really cute.  :love:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #171 on: February 07, 2010, 02:56:04 »

I've long since liked stained glass so I find that little addition of the small floral glass window in the new house to be really cute.  :love:

SubaruWolf, I'm embarrassed ...  :-[

After making a comment about the Cape Dutch facade, I hadn't even noticed the "floral" window.

see attachments

Offline SubaruWolf

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #172 on: February 07, 2010, 04:22:46 »

SubaruWolf, I'm embarrassed ...  :-[

After making a comment about the Cape Dutch facade, I hadn't even noticed the "floral" window.

see attachments

No need to be embarrassed!  I had never heard of a "Cape Dutch facade" before your mentioning it here.  :-[  I researched it and feel a little bit smarter now.  It's fun to learn about new words and terms for things that you had no idea about previously.

Also this evening, I did some pleasure browsing through the Playmobil Germany website and really enjoyed seeing such big, shiny, new pictures of all their upcoming sets and even discovered a new animal I didn't know about that hasn't been released previously.  If it's already been mentioned somewhere in the forum, I completely missed it so I was pretty excited over it tonight.  It's the brown ox from the Nativity set 4884.   :woohoo:

I think I'll get two and they can be my "team of oxen."  Now to get Playmobil to create some nice harnesses and a plough for them to pull.  ;D  That little stable looks pretty tempting too and I'll for sure try to get one of those for my numerous farm critters.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #173 on: February 07, 2010, 14:06:53 »

Looks like you may have indeed spotted a new animal. I looked on Tim's Animobil site and couldn't find anything that looks like this ox.

Poor Tim ...

There are so many new animals this year that he may have to "mortgage the farm" to get them all ...  :klickygrin:

Thanks for being an "eagle eye" spotter, SubaruWolf!

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #174 on: February 07, 2010, 16:46:02 »
For Benelux there is a special set not available in Germany
I doubt it will be released in the states eighter

price playmobil belgium 9.99 euro

One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #175 on: February 07, 2010, 17:24:44 »
Yes that's a new color variation of the current bull that's been in spotted black/white or brown/white previously.
In the zoo series there is a new adult Asian elephant, the orangutan and baby, koala and baby, and meerkats (3).  Also either new tigers or new color variants of them. The new dragonfly in 4148. A new female lion in the 1-2-3 series. New color variants of the micro dragon, kangaroo joey, sitting cat, laying cat, sitting puppy, baby unicorn, and Deinoneichus.

That's a total of 18 (or possibly 20) new animals and variants for 2010 so far. That's the fewest since 2002, even with a new zoo series this year. There's still the possibility of other ones turning up. There may be something new in the US releases later this year or a new game set with animal color variants in it.

Here is a chart of new animals per yer through these most recent announcements.

Offline SubaruWolf

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #176 on: February 07, 2010, 17:42:47 »
Thank you, Tim!  I love that chart you've set up.  And thank you for the compliment, Richard!  I started buying Playmobil because of the animals so any new ones are my absolute favorite part of upcoming sets and, with the help of Tim's great website, I hunt for them obsessively.  ;D

I noticed that new style of elephant and the color variation on the tigers and I have mixed feelings about both.  I rejected the new camel and baby elephant designs when they came out, and I don't think I'll be treating the new adult elephant much differently though I've always kind of felt that Playmo's orange tigers (especially the adult) were "missing something."  Still, I'm not sure if their tigers with the newly added white parts will actually be enough to prompt me to retire my current tiger mother (or my tiger cubs for that matter).  I guess I'll just have to wait and see.  :)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #177 on: February 07, 2010, 17:44:46 »

Thanks macgayver - that's 78 new sets in the latest batch.
4893 - Sinterklaas en Zwarte Piet
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline highlandcattle

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #178 on: February 07, 2010, 18:03:46 »

Oooooh Nice!!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #179 on: February 07, 2010, 18:23:02 »

I doubt it will be released in the states either.

Thanks, Michael!

That's a great set of Saint Nicholas and Black Peter ...  :love:

Geobra seems to really be keeping Heather busy ...  ;D

... that's 78 new sets in the latest batch.