Author Topic: New 2010 sets, some details  (Read 43187 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: New 2010 sets, some details
« Reply #160 on: February 05, 2010, 14:27:54 »

... and I like the villa theme.

Me too, Gordon!

4857 Italian Villa

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #161 on: February 05, 2010, 15:27:58 »
There is also a new animated film to introduce the "Top Agents" theme followed by the calendar of new releases:
Here's the link:  new stuff for 2010 film and calendar

Very James Bondish!  ::)  I think the kids will enjoy it even if it doesn't do much for me.

Thank you Indianna

That was a great video Playmobil put together. When it comes time to get the theme I will be sure to show it to the kids to physch them up for the presents

Rasputin "The Mad Monk"
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #162 on: February 05, 2010, 15:44:02 »
Is that an elevator in the big castle?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #163 on: February 05, 2010, 15:47:02 »

After seeing pictures of the big castle's interior it keeps growing on me more and more.

Hello, Michael ...  :wave:

Have you seen all the "special" features?

Here are a couple (there are several more):
see attachments

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #164 on: February 05, 2010, 15:50:37 »

Is that an elevator in the big castle?

It sure looks like an elevator (lift), Tim ...  ???

see attachment

Offline mi-chi

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #165 on: February 05, 2010, 16:16:19 »

Hello, Michael ...  :wave:

Have you seen all the "special" features?

Here are a couple (there are several more):
see attachments

Yes, I have seen them most definitely. And yes - it is an elevator - which surely is an interesting detail. I wonder if that is a stair in the rocks at the back of the castle underneath the - errr - house.
Cheers
Michael

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #166 on: February 06, 2010, 02:20:40 »
Thanks for illuminating the castles' special features for us.  I'm really impressed with the portcullis and the machicolations!
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #167 on: February 06, 2010, 04:13:08 »
I'm mostly interested in the new house, though I have plenty of castle stuff (steck). My first thought is the new house is very pretty from the outside. I really like the thought of a new historical looking building without it just being a reissue of the same-old parts in new colors. I think it will blend very well with the older Victorian houses while still being completely unique. I really like the windows with the shutters. They are very pretty and well detailed. Even the interior framing of the windows is nice (unlike the old Victorians). The new ones look nice with or without curtains.

The inside is okay (speaking about the house itself), but I don't know why they used the shorter system X wall divider rather than the taller one. It's not even like they used one with shelves (not available in taller units)--it's just a regular, solid wall piece. It looks out of place in the house. The stairs are clever for play value. You can use them without wasting any floor space, and you can quickly pop them off if they are in the way. They are just a tad too modern for the design of the house.

As for the furniture and clickies, I don't mind that they are modern. In fact, I really like these new modern furniture sets, they are all so much more realistic than what comes in the modern living suburban house. We finally have a kitchen with cabinets and counters, and upper cabinets, and finally a dining table that doesn't look like a kid's table. The entertainment center also looks very realistic, just like my own actually. And I like the sofa and chair. I also like the parent's room. It has a great 50's look to me. Plus it's an actual double bed! The old green and blue one was hideous. I think the house would look great with the older Victorian sets too. And now we have some additional and (in my view) better modern sets to use.

The one thing I really don't like is the way the main promo pic distorts the second level front door. They stretched them to add visual balance to the facade, but the 360 view shows what it really looks like. I would rather use the first floor door frame for the second level too for balance.

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #168 on: February 06, 2010, 04:14:31 »
Here are some comparisons of the promotional picture and the real product shown on the 360 degree view. See the difference?

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #169 on: February 06, 2010, 04:46:00 »

Here are some comparisons of the promotional picture and the real product shown on the 360 degree view. See the difference?

Yes, there is a BIG difference. Thanks for the pictures!
I really like that Cape Dutch facade.