Author Topic: Heavy Duty Rescue Cutters and Spreaders  (Read 5437 times)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
Re: Heavy Duty Rescue Cutters and Spreaders
« Reply #10 on: September 16, 2009, 12:54:46 »
Excellent work, Tim. :wow: :wow: Very well done!
They look very realistic :yup:

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #11 on: September 16, 2009, 16:07:45 »
Great pictures Tim  :wow: !!!

Karim ;)
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2009, 11:24:59 »
Hello Everyone,

Thank you all for the kind replies to my thread. It has been a very hectic week and this is the only chance I have had to sit down and reply. I am away this weekend but as soon as I get back I will reply in more detail to those of you who asked questions.

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #13 on: September 18, 2009, 13:22:46 »
Hi Tim  :wave:

It is nice to see you here !!!

I have had a beyond frantic week too and really enjoy having a day off  :yup:!!!

Karim :)
« Last Edit: September 18, 2009, 14:15:25 by playmovictorian »
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2010, 10:53:15 »
Hello Everyone :wave:,

The subject was recently raised as to the cutting ability of the heavy duty rescue tools I had developed and wether they would even be able to cut without a blade overlap. This design has recently been redeveloped by Bill and he has been able to issue his version with a blade overlap. Without wanting to reproduce Bill's design I had to find my own way of solving the problem. The easiest way to do this was to add a special cutting blade onto the existing blade. The advantage of having removable cutting blades is that they can be replaced when worn out or swapped for different designs depending on what is being cut. The one seen in the pictures below is a prototype and future developments are being worked on. Rather than hijack Gordon's original thread or start another new one to cover this slight modification I decided to post the pictures here instead.
Please contact me by PM if you are looking at developing this tool further or reproducing my designs in anyway. It sounds pedantic but I would like to avoid any clashes with developments I am currently working on for any custom rescue tools I have produced :)9. I often scrap projects because someone comes up with a similar design before me, just so I can avoid looking like I have copied them.

Tim :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #15 on: March 07, 2010, 11:06:44 »
Hi Tim,

That's a very cunning solution to the problem, and presumably cost effective too as a worn blade can be replaced cheaply.  Well done!   :wow:  :wow:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 07, 2010, 13:03:07 »
Excellent modification to your original design, Tim  :wow:! Your ideas are always spot on  :yup:! I myself don't mind if anyone uses any of my designs as long as if they are shown on line somewhere that a modest mention of their origin is noted as I try to always do! In yours, mine, & Gordon's case, we have had a relationship through out the past that utilized each others designs with unsaid permission, even helping each other with ideas, & trading items back & forth that has been a special camaraderie, at least in my humble opinion  :-[! It's great to see you participating again Tim, you've been missed!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #17 on: March 07, 2010, 14:27:01 »
Hello Gordon and Bill :wave:,

Thank you for the kind feedback. I agree with what you have said Bill and have no problem with people using my designs so long as there is a small mention in the thread where any have been used. The only problem that occurs is when these designs are developed and improved on without a quick PM to discuss if the original design is going to be taken any further or indeed how we can do this together. Without any discussion this can lead to the person who has used the design getting ahead of the original creator. I have shelved many projects in recent times because of inadvertent duplication or someone beat me to it with similar ideas! If as you say we had discussed the problem with the cutters not overlapping then between us we could have solved it rather than me having to play catch up. I recognise this has probably resulted from my lack of participation over recent months and my lack of communication can be held partly to blame.
I intend to ease myself back into the forum over the coming weeks and have a few new designs I would like to share with you both. Once I am happy with them and any teething problems have been ironed out I will share them on the forum. Then licence will be granted for your respective companies to reproduce them, if you can find a use for them that is :)9 :)9 !!! I will also share some ideas for developing the heavy duty cutters even further now I have developed this new cutting blade.

Tim :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: March 07, 2010, 15:27:54 »
Excellent Tim! I'm not working presently on any new developments, but I agree that utilizing combined ideas, it may ease many design conflicts! I'm excited to see your participation again with all of your off the chain fabrication techniques & contributions! There have been many times during your absence that an idea on one of your existing designs as shown in my reproduction of your Heavy Duty Rescue cutters, or a new idea to construct an idea as we did with the hydraulic hose manifold, would have been great to discuss with you!
I'm currently immersed in my Playmobil City International Airport Fire Department fleet using 10x3526 fire engines & 2x3525 ladder trucks in various customized & original forms, but all in different stages of refurbish procedures. BTW, would it be better to notify each other as to ideas & projects we're working on by PM to prevent duplications & possibly assist each other in design ideas? For example; Tim, Gordon, & Peter, I'm developing & constructing a hydraulic tool pump based on the 3880 portable pumps. Then we could PM each other with pics & problems during the process.
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #19 on: March 07, 2010, 15:40:21 »
I'm all for co-operation as it saves duplication (and maybe me going down a blind alley first of all!).  Look forward to working together!   :wave:
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”