Author Topic: New fire engine for Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade  (Read 7097 times)

Offline baden-wurttemberg

• Firefighter Enthusiast
  • Playmo Master
    • http://stores.ebay.com/Baden-Wurttemberg
Re: New fire engine for Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade
« Reply #10 on: August 23, 2009, 17:44:17 »
thats awesome playmofire!!!! :omg:
Take every chance you get in life, because some things only happen once.

Offline noodwachter72

• Playmo Lover
  • Noodwachter Dutch civil defense
« Reply #11 on: August 23, 2009, 21:36:55 »
nice Pict's as always

peter
the imposable wy do direct
wonders take some time

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #12 on: August 24, 2009, 13:21:16 »
Gordon, This is an excellent addition to your truck. I am really impressed that the tray can slide to both the drivers and the officers side. The yellow crates are a great idea as well, I may have to put those in a future order to DS. I have seen the Mega set on the German forum many time and always wondered how the ladders were secured to the truck, now I know. That is a very neat and quick fix. Do you know if that part is only available from the German DS?

As always, great job. It's always impressive to see how many things you fit in your 3880, but you keep it neat and organized. Don't tell anyone, but I think Playmobil might have built the new truck just for you...  :wow:

- Ben

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: August 24, 2009, 15:36:44 »
Awesome :wow: :wow:

Very well done!

Jimbo

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #14 on: August 24, 2009, 16:12:28 »

To shorten the left roller shutter door by I believe 2 sections or 3 at the most, will definitely help as I did this particular modification to my custom rescue trucks because of the center telelight pole interference! It is a simple change by cutting the sections apart at the top of the door with sharp scissors, & test fitting the doors in between cuttings to make sure of there is not too much space causing a severe gap between the door, & top compartment opening edge. I am interested in this modification procedure that may help in my custom jack storage dilemma!

I wondered how you'd got the central stemlights set up, Bill.  I've used the shutter shortening trick a number of times before (here's a link to an early post I did on it - http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=1027.0) although when I've taken off two or more sections off I've found that it is difficult to get the shutters to open.

One of the 3880s I have down for the new storage system has had the left hand shutter altered, and it will take the fire extinguisher so that's a problem solved.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #15 on: August 24, 2009, 16:21:56 »
As always very well equipped and very perfect.  :wow:

What about a roof for your vehicle (over the driver cabin)? Interested?

I will get rid of of my vehicle of this type and so the customized roof would become spare (have to get rid of some of my PM stuff due to new sets and lack of space  :'()

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #16 on: August 24, 2009, 16:22:38 »
Thank you, Ben, Peter, Jimbo and baden-wurttemberg, for your comments.  

Gordon, This is an excellent addition to your truck. I am really impressed that the tray can slide to both the drivers and the officers side. The yellow crates are a great idea as well, I may have to put those in a future order to DS. I have seen the Mega set on the German forum many time and always wondered how the ladders were secured to the truck, now I know. That is a very neat and quick fix. Do you know if that part is only available from the German DS?

I've been getting them through UK DS, Ben, so US should be able to do the same; if not, I can get you some.

As always, great job. It's always impressive to see how many things you fit in your 3880, but you keep it neat and organized. Don't tell anyone, but I think Playmobil might have built the new truck just for you...  :wow:

Thank you again, Ben.  The new model certainly has the storage capacity the 3880 lacks, but I very much regret the loss of the working roller shutters, so it's not on my to buy list at the moment.  I do have vague plans for major refurbishment of my 3880s which would keep (in fact add to) the roller shutters and increase the storage space.  I'll do a topic in the How to forum on the new storage system in the next few days.

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #17 on: August 24, 2009, 16:24:42 »
As always very well equipped and very perfect.  :wow:

What about a roof for your vehicle (over the driver cabin)? Interested?

I will get rid of of my vehicle of this type and so the customized roof would become spare (have to get rid of some of my PM stuff due to new sets and lack of space  :'()

Thank you for your kind comment, Jochen, and your generous offer of a roof and "yes please" I will give it a good home and it may be well spur me on to make roofs for the others.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #18 on: August 24, 2009, 16:32:04 »
Thank you for your kind comment, Jochen, and your generous offer of a roof and "yes please" I will give it a good home and it may be well spur me on to make roofs for the others.

Okay, so it's your's. Have to search for your address at my files and it will reach you soon.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #19 on: August 24, 2009, 17:16:15 »
Okay, so it's your's. Have to search for your address at my files and it will reach you soon.

I can PM you it if you like.