Author Topic: We'll be glad to help you!  (Read 6109 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: We'll be glad to help you!
« Reply #20 on: June 04, 2009, 19:52:47 »

Hey  :hissyfit:! What about those of us who don't have dogs  :hmm:!

Poor Bill ...  :'(

Go to the nearest animal shelter, borrow one from a friend, or just pretend that you have one ...  :lol:

Anyhow, here's a picture of my dog, Rusty and his Playmobil counterpart from the Hunter's cottage (set 4207).

see attachments

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: June 04, 2009, 20:20:45 »

Poor Bill ...  :'(

Go to the nearest animal shelter, borrow one from a friend, or just pretend that you have one ...  :lol:

Anyhow, here's a picture of my dog, Rusty and his Playmobil counterpart from the Hunter's cottage (set 4207).

see attachments

I'll pass on actually getting a real one for now due to having 2 cats, 2 lizards, & 1 Russian Tortoise, which are enough responsibility presently with health issues  :'(, but here are some of my Playmobil canine companions that some of you may have real furry family members that may show some resemblance to! BTW Richard, Rusty's beautiful  :love:!

Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #22 on: June 04, 2009, 21:13:33 »
This one seems the closest Playmobil equivalent to our dog, Zoe:
30 66 5810 - Dog, wolfhound

The ideal Playmobil version would be golden/tan and somewhat leaner, but this seems to be the only Playmo dog with "whiskers."

I love dogs!  I understand that dogs of "indeterminate parentage" tend to be healthier and smarter than purebreds (or so I've been told).  Where did you get her?

So far she has been very healthy and has an excellent disposition.  She originally came from Tennessee where she was found as a stray when she was only a few months old - she came to us through a rescue organization.   
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #23 on: June 05, 2009, 03:23:05 »

see attachments

Beautiful dog, Richard!  What kind is he?

Hey  :hissyfit:! What about those of us who don't have dogs  :hmm:!

I don't have a dog, either.  I have decided to start collecting Playmopooches.  You have a nice collection as well as other pets.  Do your cats like to play with your Klickys and lose them?  I have had cats before, and they like to play with any small object.

« Last Edit: June 05, 2009, 07:37:27 by Klickus Mobilius »
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #24 on: June 05, 2009, 04:00:50 »

BTW Richard, Rusty's beautiful  :love:!

Beautiful dog, Richard!  What kind is he?

Bill and KM, Rusty thanks you both for your generous compliments!
Rusty is an "island dog" who "found" us when he was just a little over a year old.

He was hungry, covered with fleas and a trip to the vet told us that he had heartworms. Fortunately, we caught the heartworms early and he was young and strong even though he hadn't eaten for awhile.

He's a real wanderer. Everybody knows him and he likes everybody. He loves to go on walks. He'll join any of our neighbors who are out walking for their daily exercise.

There's an island pub just down the hill. When Rusty is making his rounds, he usually stops by to say hello to all of his human friends. Occasionally, one of his many human friends will take him for a ride in an open Jeep (which is one of his favorite things to do) and bring him home.

Are we afraid of losing him? Nope! He always finds his way home. Also, the island of St.Thomas is only about 13 miles long. So, where is he going to go?

Rusty is a very happy dog!

BTW, an "island dog" is a mixture of the many breeds that have been introduced to the islands since the early colonial days. So, Rusty has a heritage that goes back for several hundred years.

Thanks for your comments and all the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #25 on: June 05, 2009, 05:54:23 »

A few more pictures of the Playmobil "Rusty" from set 4207 Forest Lodge.

see attachments

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #26 on: June 05, 2009, 07:45:15 »
She originally came from Tennessee where she was found as a stray when she was only a few months old - she came to us through a rescue organization.   

I'm glad that Zoe is a rescued dog.  I support adopting dogs and cats from the pound or SPCA or any rescue organization.

Since I can't have a dog in my apartment, I may have to adopt some Playmodogs from eBay.   :lol:
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: June 05, 2009, 13:04:05 »

Are we afraid of losing him? Nope! He always finds his way home. Also, the island of St.Thomas is only about 13 miles long. So, where is he going to go?

Hope Rusty doesn't dogpaddle to another island :lol:

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #28 on: June 05, 2009, 16:09:17 »

Hope Rusty doesn't dogpaddle to another island :lol:

Believe it or not, Jim ... Rusty doesn't like the water ... :eh?:

You would think that an island dog would love swimming around. But, not Rusty!

So, it looks like inter-island dogpaddling isn't in Rusty's travel plans.

The good news is that Rusty also doesn't want to jump into the swimming pool with us ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: June 05, 2009, 17:09:02 »
Believe it or not, Jim ... Rusty doesn't like the water ... :eh?:
You would think that an island dog would love swimming around. But, not Rusty!
So, it looks like inter-island dogpaddling isn't in Rusty's travel plans.
All the best,
Richard

Does he have access to your credit cards, & cell phone, Richard? Be careful, he could always charter a boat  :lol:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!