Author Topic: We'll be glad to help you!  (Read 6118 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
We'll be glad to help you!
« on: May 29, 2009, 16:17:42 »
It was an epic struggle between  >:D and  0) but common sense prevailed.  Even though traveling to upstate New York would have been manageable it's still a whole day of driving - if the pick-up point had been a 45 mile roundtrip away instead of 450 we might have had a different outcome.   ;)

Oh well,.......I understand  :-\, but there's always a next time, "My Pretty" quote from the Wizard of Oz  >:D, & I'll be there to help you :evilplan:!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 18:02:50 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2009, 17:19:37 »
And my little dog, too? 
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 18:03:18 by Bill Blackhurst »
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: May 29, 2009, 17:55:20 »
And my little dog, too? 

LIZ my female 10 inch Leopard Gecko.

Another pic of Liz in all of her beauty!

Lee my male 10.5 inch Leopard Gecko.

Another pic of Lee, & I  :lol:! BTW, Lee just looks bigger than me, because I'm using my avatar as a stunt double  :-[!

No problem Anne  ;)! We'll be waiting  :evilplan:!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 18:03:44 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2009, 17:59:47 »
Liz and Lee are beautiful!  I have not seen that type of Gecko before - do they sell insurance, too?  They are the perfect scale to be Komodo dragons in a Playmobil scene!

I fear we have strayed rather far off-topic - and you're a moderator, Bill!  For shame!!!!!   :-[
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 18:04:31 by Bill Blackhurst »
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
Re: We'll be glad to help you!
« Reply #4 on: May 29, 2009, 18:09:06 »
Liz and Lee are beautiful!  I have not seen that type of Gecko before - do they sell insurance, too?  They are the perfect scale to be Komodo dragons in a Playmobil scene!

I fear we have strayed rather far off-topic - and you're a moderator, Bill!  For shame!!!!!   :-[

Problem resolved, Milady! Post away! Lee, & Liz are more into action movies like Brad, & Jolie rather than commercials,....not really they live separate sleepy lives,....Hmmmm, maybe they're more like the current Brad, & Jolie than I thought  :lol:!
« Last Edit: May 29, 2009, 18:37:14 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: May 29, 2009, 20:34:43 »
And my little dog, too? 

Aww.  Cute dog!  How old is she?

And Bill, I love your geckos.  I've never seen that variety, either.  I used to have a pet lizard.  Lizards make great pets!
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: May 29, 2009, 21:03:49 »
Aww.  Cute dog!  How old is she?

And Bill, I love your geckos.  I've never seen that variety, either.  I used to have a pet lizard.  Lizards make great pets!

Thanks everybody! I really like this species  :yup:, they are very little up keep, I've had Iguanas, & they are much more delicate than this breed! I had an Iguana that was nearly 5 feet long with a perfect tail years ago! I used to let him run free in my apartment while I watched him, because he was so big I couldn't lose track of him! He was beautiful with various greens, & orange colors  :love:!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: May 29, 2009, 22:39:31 »

Thanks everybody! I really like this species  :yup:, they are very little up keep, I've had Iguanas, & they are much more delicate than this breed! I had an Iguana that was nearly 5 feet long with a perfect tail years ago! I used to let him run free in my apartment while I watched him, because he was so big I couldn't lose track of him! He was beautiful with various greens, & orange colors  :love:!

Wow, you guys can really get off topic ...  :lol:

But, what is the topic? An eBay auction, or lizards? ...  ;D

Since this seems to be a somewhat "free-floating" topic, I think that I'll jump in too.

Back in July of last year we posted Dinos on Location which featured some real live iguanas (adults and babies).

If you haven't seen it, you might want to click on the title above or on the quote below ...

Hello, Playmofriends ...  :wave:

Some of you may have already seen the Playmobil Brachiosaurus and Local Iguana Photos in the Birthday Greetings section of Playmofriends.

Offline Klickus Mobilius

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2009, 01:12:03 »

You had an iguana!!!!  That is my dream pet lizard!!!  That is so cool!!!

I didn't know they are on the delicate side.  What makes them delicate?
CARPE KLICKY!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: May 30, 2009, 01:47:19 »
You had an iguana!!!!  That is my dream pet lizard!!!  That is so cool!!!
I didn't know they are on the delicate side.  What makes them delicate?
They are herbivores, & their diet consists of items like fresh romaine lettuce, collard greens, dandelion greens, etc. They need a lot of calcium also. Back in the day I fed my lizard Izzy, cottage cheese before calcium powder became available. Their habitat must be warm, & humidity 80%, a tropical type, with varying temps from day to night. They will need artifical lighting sources for sunlight, & warmth with thermostat controls to prevent overheating or excessive cold. Their set ups need to be large enough to accommodate them to grow, because the larger their home is, the larger they will grow. A large climbing tree is needed because they love to rest in trees in the wild! One caution, never pick them up by their tails, or near their tails! They are known to drop their tails if startled which means the tail becomes detached from the body, but will continue to twitch distracting the offender while the lizard escapes into hiding!
The tail will regenerate, & grow back as a distorted appendage that will never look as good as the original.
« Last Edit: May 30, 2009, 02:07:01 by Bill Blackhurst »