Author Topic: I need assistance identifying this part!  (Read 5359 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
I need assistance identifying this part!
« on: March 07, 2009, 04:21:57 »
I acquired 3 of these parts in a job lot recently, & have found a use for them so I need a few more for a project that I am working on but I have no idea where they came from, or what they're related to! It has Playmobil stamped on the smooth side, & has a grooved back side as shown in the second picture. Any help in obtaining a part number for this item so I can order them from DS would be greatly appreciated!

Front side with Playmobil stamped on it.

Rear side with slots, & center divider.
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 04:30:22 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: I need assistance identifying this part!
« Reply #1 on: March 07, 2009, 05:31:44 »
In your first picture it looks like a Playmobil bar of soap
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: March 07, 2009, 07:11:54 »
I've never seen anything like that before, Bill.  Sorry I can't help.  :(
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #3 on: March 07, 2009, 07:17:57 »
Could you show it in relation to a klicky to give it some scale?

At present I have no idea if this is something hand-held or to big enough to be stood on.

My first guess would be that it's from the construction, harbor or transport themes, and represents some form of bulk goods to be loaded and carried.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #4 on: March 07, 2009, 09:29:53 »
Could you show it in relation to a klicky to give it some scale?

At present I have no idea if this is something hand-held or to big enough to be stood on.

My first guess would be that it's from the construction, harbor or transport themes, and represents some form of bulk goods to be loaded and carried.

Martin, I think you can get an idea of the size here:

http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=3049.msg35682#msg35682

“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: March 07, 2009, 11:09:20 »
Hmm, my next thought was that they might be the feet for lines of temporary fencing, the pieces being laid with the slots face up and the feet of the fences sliding into the slots, but I can't see any Playmobil fencing on playmodb that matches that description.

Offline Knight Train

• Playmo Lover
  • Knight in Training
« Reply #6 on: March 07, 2009, 17:09:01 »
I'm about 90% sure those are the insulator blocks for the train isolators set number 4373 and 7082.

http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4373

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: March 07, 2009, 17:28:51 »
I'm about 90% sure those are the insulator blocks for the train isolators set number 4373 and 7082.
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showinv.pl?setnum=4373

EXCELLENT Knight Train  :wow:! I believe you are spot on identifying these pieces  :yippee:! I will check out the availability of part numbers on Heather's site now that I have an idea of what they are  :)9! Thanks to everyone for your assistance  :eh?:! It's amazing to me how we can help each other in situations like this  <:>!
There is one thing about these little parts that is interesting, it couldn't be denied that they were manufactured by Playmobil after seeing the Playmobil name molded into them  :lol:!
« Last Edit: March 07, 2009, 17:35:07 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2009, 03:58:05 »
Glad someone found them, that's great!  Bill, I've nicked your photos to add to the part page:

30 80 9100 - Isolator for train track

What are the dimensions of these things?  Only millimetres, I expect.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2009, 13:57:29 »
Glad someone found them, that's great!  Bill, I've nicked your photos to add to the part page:
30 80 9100 - Isolator for train track
What are the dimensions of these things?  Only millimetres, I expect.

21mm L x 11mm W ? Does that sound correct, I'm not that familar with the metric system  :-[!