Author Topic: Beautiful custom Victorian accessories on ebay  (Read 2921 times)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Beautiful custom Victorian accessories on ebay
« on: February 24, 2009, 17:24:27 »
This could also go into Shopping/Auctions but, since the seller's only current auction is about to end and since my purpose here is more to call attention to the beautiful work on these accessories than it is to urge people to buy them, I decided to put my comment in this area.   :)

I just ran across this person's ebay auctions and they are amazing!  Here is a link to the sellers recent completed auctions:  delftlover777 completed listings.  Since they are the completed listings, you will have to sign in at ebay to see them (is it safe to assume that everybody here is registered on ebay?   :yup:  ;D )

This person has extraordinary taste and skill!  The auctions have been very well received and have gone for high prices (which were well justified, in my opinion.)  I wonder if he or she is a member here or at some other Playmobil forum?  I have sent a question through ebay urging him or her to visit Playmofriends if not already a member of the community. 

Delftlover777
Please show yourself so that we can heap accolades upon you!
and pick your brain, too!   ;)
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: Beautiful custom Victorian accessories on ebay
« Reply #1 on: February 24, 2009, 17:46:03 »

Very nicely done! 8-)

It's not often you see a Playmobil seller use so much imagination in their listings. It's obvious this person enjoys creating scenes and accessorising with custom-made items such as the booklets in this auction:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=180328967543

It looks like this person has not been selling under that ID for very long, but we have one small clue to the identity in the note added below the description (see my attachment).

It's signed simply with a letter "K." Very mysterious! ;D

Edit: Have discovered that the booklets are not self-made but are actual dollshouse accessories. Very tasteful and appropriate additions to the scene, nonetheless. :yup:
« Last Edit: February 24, 2009, 17:52:46 by Sylvia »

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 24, 2009, 19:18:07 »
Those are exceptionally well crafted vignettes, the depth of detailing is amazing! This person also has quite an inventory of old figures and accessories and the prices are actually pretty good considering how difficult it is to locate some of these items.

Thank you Indianna for bringing these to our attention, they obviously ducked the Playmobil searches since I have never seen any of these before.

Gepetto

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: February 24, 2009, 21:35:24 »

Thank you, Anne ...

As a great fan of Playmobil's Victorian theme, I really enjoyed seeing these beautiful mini-dioramas. Did anyone else notice that slides 5 and 7 are the same photos? That makes me wonder if there's another photo that we didn't get to see ...  8}

Thanks again and all the best,
Richard

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: February 24, 2009, 21:54:59 »
. . . It looks like this person has not been selling under that ID for very long, but we have one small clue to the identity in the note added below the description (see my attachment).

It's signed simply with a letter "K." Very mysterious! ;D

Good sleuthing, Sylvia!  I had missed that.

Edit: Have discovered that the booklets are not self-made but are actual dollshouse accessories. Very tasteful and appropriate additions to the scene, nonetheless. :yup:

I was reviewing the questions people asked about this auction (on ebay,) and it appears that most if not all of the non-Playmo items were acquired from dollhouse resources.  In one response, the seller said: "The Food Items are indeed homemade and by an Miniature Expert called Fran who is a Member of CDHM - Custom Dolls House & Miniatures. The Swag Curtains are custom made by another gifted Lady called Wendy especially for the Playmobil Victorian Mansion."   Interesting!

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 25, 2009, 02:19:06 »
To Richard and Gepetto (and Sylvia too, of course) - thanks for sharing my enjoyment of these great scenes!  I am hoping that we can discover the identity of "K." (at least a "virtual world" identity) and persuade him or her to join us here.

. . . they obviously ducked the Playmobil searches since I have never seen any of these before.

Gepetto, are you using the broadest possible search parameters on ebay?  Several factors seem to limit what you can see on ebay - for example this seller is based in the UK but still came up in my "playmobil" search on ebay USA.  But when I click on Sylvia's link above it goes to ebay UK which actually has a lot more active playmobil listings (almost 3800) than ebay USA does (less than 1800.)  Also, I noticed that my old saved search for playmobil has even fewer (less than 1700) so you may be able to expand your possibilities by playing with the search parameters.  Just a thought.   :)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 25, 2009, 02:43:41 »
Very busy scenes there . I am surprised by the price but i guess i am gauging what i would pay and not what others are . I would love to see them in a setting a little more roomy to appreciate all the custom pieces you mentioned
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 25, 2009, 05:09:09 »
Very busy scenes there . I am surprised by the price but i guess i am gauging what i would pay and not what others are . I would love to see them in a setting a little more roomy to appreciate all the custom pieces you mentioned

Well it wouldn't be very Victorian if you could have enough room to see everything! You have to have so much bric a brac that every time you turn around you knock something over. But I am sure looking at his other offerings that you could spend a lot of time soaking those scenes in.

There is a seller on eBay UK that seems to specialize in food items like cakes and pastries and tea sets, I wonder if they are related or just acquainted.

Gepetto
« Last Edit: February 25, 2009, 21:13:37 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline playmovictorian

• Playmo Master
  • Happy Little Victorians
    • Playmovictorian
« Reply #8 on: February 25, 2009, 20:41:26 »
Well Hello everyone !!!

I do not know what to say but Thank You as I did not expect such attention...

For those who would like to know a bit more about me, I have posted a new topic in the Forum so that you can see where I am coming from as far as the Playmobil Victorian Theme is concerned.

I tremendously enjoy customizing this Theme that I adore and working on the description for the Ebay auctions was a incredible fun experience as I research not only rare accessories but also accurate ones that match this amazing Victorian Era.

I very much look forward to engaging with authentic Playmobil Collectors even if I am being seen as slightly eccentric but Life is for living !!!

K. stands for Karim
La, tout n'est qu'ordre et beaute, luxe, calme et volupte. L'Invitation au Voyage. Charles Baudelaire.1857.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: February 25, 2009, 21:10:34 »
Hello again, Karim!

I very much look forward to engaging with authentic Playmobil Collectors even if I am being seen as slightly eccentric but Life is for living !!!

Being "slightly eccentric" is practically a requirement for membership here!   ;)  ;D