Author Topic: collectobil is now under new management! a playmofriends management?  (Read 10991 times)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: collectobil is now under new management! a playmofriends management?
« Reply #10 on: January 27, 2009, 02:35:05 »
Deep breaths cachalote, deep breaths, all will be revealed in time! ;)

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: January 27, 2009, 03:04:25 »
Ah who cares  ???  Collectobil is so out dated  ::)  Do you know how much effort will have to go into it to bring it up to date  8}

;) :lol:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: January 27, 2009, 08:41:16 »
...  Do you know how much effort will have to go into it to bring it up to date  8}  ...

That depends on how many people are willing to cooperate in bringing it back up-to-date. And I know of no better person then Richard to lead that task force  ;D

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: January 27, 2009, 23:30:05 »
Well, Bush would need to find something else to do with his time now!! :D
Gepetto

I would like to see Collectobil become successful again, not reduced to shambles  >:(!!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: January 27, 2009, 23:45:35 »
I would like to see Collectobil become successful again, not reduced to shambles  >:(!!

NO, NO Bill, you just have to give it time! Stay the course! Eyes on the prize (okay, now I am getting nauseous). :lol: :lol:

Richard will let us know what is going on in good time, remember we are in a new era! A time for growth and renewal, a time to seize the initiative and move forward!!

Gepetto

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: January 28, 2009, 00:01:11 »
http://www.cmi-lmi.com/outplacement.html

Outplacement / Career Transition Counseling is an affirmative and humane approach to organizational change that allows everyone to emerge a winner. It is typically a no-lose proposition for the organization that's separating employees, for the executives charged with the unpleasant task, and for the people being separated. In most instances, there are actual savings in finances, reputation, and business friendships as well as the preservation of company morale, good will and trade secrets.

And the euphemism of the week goes to Richard's old company!
How to fire people and not feel guilty about it!

But seriously, glad to see Collectobil is back up...

-Tim 

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #16 on: January 29, 2009, 01:48:06 »
Interesting development.
Things have changed quite a bit since Collectobil became inactive. PlaymoDB is here now and has most of that sort of information available in far more detail. The one part it doesn't have are the years of production, and of course it relies on Collectobil for many images of earlier sets. My assumption is that Richard and Heather of PlaymoDB are in touch.
My own interests have drifted a bit the last year or so but Animobil is still being maintained and updated a few times a year as information becomes available or I get my hands on an animal to photograph.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: January 29, 2009, 02:57:01 »
Interesting development.
Things have changed quite a bit since Collectobil became inactive. PlaymoDB is here now and has most of that sort of information available in far more detail. The one part it doesn't have are the years of production, and of course it relies on Collectobil for many images of earlier sets. My assumption is that Richard and Heather of PlaymoDB are in touch.

I didn't realize that PlaymoDB was that new, I thought it had been around for years and years. that is even more amazing! 

:wow: :wow: All hail Heather, keeper of the sacred tomes!! :wow: :wow:

Gepetto

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #18 on: February 02, 2009, 18:11:12 »
(blush) You'd think I was in this business for the praise. Oh, wait...

Depends what you call years and years... PlaymoDB opened its doors April 2nd, 2004, taking the bulk of its set information from Collectobil, which is why I still link back there. Tiermann's right: I haven't touched the timeline at all, except to note when instructions were printed, so that's an area Collectobil could expand on and provide good useful information.  I'm more than happy to link back and forth with other information sites (like Animobil), and designed PlaymoDB so that could be easily done.  As for what's happening with Collectobil, that was a surprise to me too; I won't speculate, but leave it to Richard to expound when he's ready.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2009, 00:56:42 »
I won't speculate, but leave it to Richard to expound when he's ready.

Well, Richard instructed us to post questions to Playmofriends...
But, he ain't answering...

OK!