Author Topic: PCFD Start Pump Training  (Read 4745 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: PCFD Start Pump Training
« Reply #10 on: December 25, 2008, 22:12:25 »
Hello Bill  :),

Its a pleasure to be able to do this project for you and your men :). I am really enjoying creating the story's and adding the 'jokes' as i go along. I think you set the foundations in your leaving story and i could see charecters developing right before my eyes. I am going to explore some of the other 'personalities' as i progress through the story's ;).
Thank you very much for your compliments on the pump bay. They were quite a project in their own right :lol:. I have added pump bays like this one on all 6 of my main fire appliances. I have another 2 more to make to increase my fleet of vehicles to 8 ! There are slight variations to some of them as things 'improved' as i fitted them, so these are just refered to as Mk1 or MK2 pumps. The engine we used in the picture is the one fitted with the Cobra. I had done a 'training' session with this at the same time but it would have pushed the pictures in the thread to about 50 ;D. I am probably going to re-do this and make a seperate story :lol:.
I wont hint at the next story because even i dont know where that is going yet. I have ideas forming but putting it into practice is going to be tricky to say the least ;) :lol:. All i can say is stay tuned for more Bill....

Merry Christmas Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: December 26, 2008, 02:08:00 »
Hello Tim,

Thanks again for your the continuing saga! Obviously there is much going on that I am missing but what I do understand I truly enjoy and as always the photos are great!

Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and your family Tim! :wave:

Gepetto

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 26, 2008, 11:55:29 »
Hello Gepetto :),

Thank you very much for taking the time to reply to my story. I have allways tried to explain things in a way that everyone can understand, so i was really pleased to hear your finding it interesting. I think that one was as technical as things are going to get and future story's will be more easy going. But like i say i am really pleased you enjoyed it none the less :)

Merry Christmas and best wishes to you and your family :)

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: December 26, 2008, 18:55:02 »
Tell Playmofire that the pictures of the apparatus are "spot on" :camera: :)9 :lol:!

Thank you, Bill.  :-[
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #14 on: December 26, 2008, 23:38:37 »
Great story! Very effective perspectives of the photos taken. Neat jokes in there, especially the "burst out laugh" -- I really can "see" the klickies laugh  :lol:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: December 27, 2008, 00:44:41 »
Hi Tim  :wave:!
I should have warned you about AXE  :-[! He has passed the engine driver/operators test 5 times not missing any of the 300 written questions  :yup:! He has also scored the departments highest pump hands on practical test rating  :clap:! His excuse for not wanting to apply for a promotion is he doesn't want to do that job description. Plus he's a bit of a smart ___  :toot:! He says he wants to remain on the structure entry firefighting team! Although he can actually drive, & pump any apparatus we have at PCFD, he's still not allowed until he is officially promoted to the driver/operator status  ;)!
Best Wishes,
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: December 27, 2008, 12:14:42 »
Hello Little Jo :),

Thank you very much indeed for the kind reply. I have been doing quite a bit of work on my camera angles. With the help of Gordon i am actually getting down to klickie eye level instead of hovering over head. I am planning some more funny story's soon ;D

Hello Bill :),

Thank you very much for the heads up on Axe. I had a feeling there was more to him than met the eye and that he was a lot cleverer than he was letting on :lol:. I have a friend at Station 21 who is planning on popping over to visit you. I will get him to give Axe a kick up the bum when he does. If you approve we have arranged for Axe to take one of the engines out for a drive when the weather gets a bit better, hopefully put him and the appliance through their paces. I am very eager to see his driving skills demonstrated.
Once he has passed that test he can do a couple of day's on one of my 'specials' so he can demonstrate his pumping skill's. If he behaves himself :lol: and passes those tests he will be allocated to one of our BA teams on the Water Tender Ladder (first pump out to any emergency).

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: December 27, 2008, 14:20:57 »
Hello Tim  :wave:!
It sounds like you have everything under control regarding "AXE"! He's an excellent firefighter, it's just sometimes he knows it  ;), if you know what I mean  :yup:! Anything you have in mind for the PCFD firefighters is fine! I look forward to seeing them being used to their full potential  :lol:!
Best Wishes,
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!