Author Topic: Bill and His Men Arrive From The USA  (Read 6999 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Bill and His Men Arrive From The USA
« Reply #10 on: December 22, 2008, 16:51:15 »
Hello Bill,

Thank you very much for the kind reply. I am glad you enjoyed the pictures! I was at a loss how to handle this part of the story :yup: ;D. I don't have any airport stuff and i haven't got a coach :shhhh: :lol:. I had to think long and hard about what i was going to do and how i could make it special. I guess this is why i went down the armed Police route. Thank you for the compliments on the picture quality. I let the camera and its macro function do the hard work. I haven't got a tripod so a very steady hand comes into play, tricky when your nose is running and you are shaking from the cold :lol: I guess i am used to it now though :lol:. Hopefully the next installment will be up by this evening !

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello Richard,

Thank you for the kind reply. It was certainly a very busy day for airport security :lol:. It is usually the norm to see armed police patrolling our main airports. I have been at Heathrow on several occasions when an officer carrying an MP5 has walked past ;D. It was slightly different when Bill arrived though and there was more of a police presence :lol:. It was a very good training exercises in how to handle a large number of VIP's and acted as a show of strength for my small police force.

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello Gepetto,

Thank you for the kind reply and for the compliments on my pictures. I had some help with the pictures but more will be revealed about that later :shhhh: :lol:. You were spot on with your theory about the security. It was an excellent opportunity to put into action some of the procedures in place for dealing with VIP's.

Kindest Regards  Tim

Hello Sylvia,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I think the joke involved some very choice words about the weight of the hydrant and who was going to get it onto the truck. Whatever it was the two fire fighters found it funny :lol: ;D. I can assure you there will be plenty more pictures in the coming week's and just as many bad jokes :lol: ;D.

Kindest regards  Tim

Hello Gordon,

Thank you very much for your kind reply. I guess i should have kept that one a secret  :-[ ;D and on that note i wont be revealing today's grand total :lol: ;D. Actually it wasn't me that took the pictures ;) :lol: I had some help from a very special person who for now will remain nameless. Hopefully all will be revealed soon  :lol: ;).

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #11 on: December 22, 2008, 19:21:28 »

Hello Gordon,

Actually it wasn't me that took the pictures ;) :lol: I had some help from a very special person who for now will remain nameless. Hopefully all will be revealed soon  :lol: ;).

Kindest Regards  Tim
[/b]
Hmmmmmmmmmmm, intriguing.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: December 23, 2008, 17:06:20 »
Hello Gordon,

All has now been revealed in the other thread ;D. I meant to say that the delivery truck is a very nice addition to any collection. I got hold of it for my Fire Service and one day it will be painted in suitable colours. The only trouble i might have is with the containers, due to the fact that the sides don't fold down properly when the legs are down. I am still undecided wether to go for a pod system of some sort. I also forgot to add that the equipment in the boxes was PCFD's personal kit, including SCBA sets and helmets. There was also a shipment of fire extinguishers, spare tools and the accessories for the Snow Cat. This is in our brigade workshops at the moment being fitted out.

Kindest Regards  Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #13 on: December 23, 2008, 18:29:17 »
Hello Gordon,

All has now been revealed in the other thread ;D. I meant to say that the delivery truck is a very nice addition to any collection. I got hold of it for my Fire Service and one day it will be painted in suitable colours. The only trouble i might have is with the containers, due to the fact that the sides don't fold down properly when the legs are down. I am still undecided wether to go for a pod system of some sort. I also forgot to add that the equipment in the boxes was PCFD's personal kit, including SCBA sets and helmets. There was also a shipment of fire extinguishers, spare tools and the accessories for the Snow Cat. This is in our brigade workshops at the moment being fitted out.

Kindest Regards  Tim

I'm with now, Tim.

I'm thinking of using the truck rear body on a Unimog circus truck which I think will appear in DS next year (it's in the German DS now).

There are a number of container customs on klickywelt, Tim, if you want to see what other people have done.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: December 24, 2008, 13:07:17 »
Hello Gordon,

Thank you for the tip off, i will have a dig around on klickywelt. I registered not long ago and i am due to pop and have another look around. I noticed someone made a really nice 'pod' system a while ago but i can't get my head around the mechanism to lift it onto the truck  8}. I have a new vehicle to share with you over the next few day's. I am just putting the finishing touches on it as we speak.

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #15 on: December 24, 2008, 14:24:39 »
Hi Tim,

If you do a search on Abrollbehälter in the Blaulicht & Co forum on klickywelt. 

Look forward to seeing your latest creation.  I have two new vehicles to photograph and one needing minor work on it before photographing it, but I haven't got the energy at the moment or the lighting conditions.

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #16 on: December 26, 2008, 11:48:53 »
Hello Gorodn :),

Thank you very much for the information. I have been finishing off my latest custom over the last day or so. Hopefully when the temperature improves and this wind drops i can get some pictures. Its freezing cold outside at the moment even though its a sunny day  :)

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)