Author Topic: Old Incidents Made New  (Read 6634 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Old Incidents Made New
« Reply #10 on: November 29, 2008, 01:35:18 »
Thanks for posting these previously unseen pics, Tim.   They really are good.  My favourite is the second lights and sirens one - it really could be the real thing in the street.  I like your attention to detail, too, for example the use of the air-filled hose as a float in the water rescue.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #11 on: November 29, 2008, 10:05:47 »
Hello Bill

Thank you very much for the kind feedback, sorry for the delay in my reply. I think a few more of these have been posted on the forum than i first realised. It has been a long while though so i couldn't remember. I am going to try and concentrate on taking more pictures in a way that capture feelings just like yours :wow:.

Tim :wave:

Hello Ben

Thank you very much for the kind reply. The USAR training was a good idea at the time but i took about 40 pictures and only a handfull turned out. I couldnt be bothered to go out and set everything back up again so they got put to one side untill now. I would deffinatley be up for another training session if you would like to :)9. It was great fun the last time we did it :).

Tim

Hello Cachalote

Thank you very much indeed for your kind feedback, it is really appreciated  :)9.

Tim

Hello Gordon

Thank you very much for the kind reply. I cant remember if i posted the pictures of the hose inflation kit before, i dont think i did. They were taken when i first made the kit and were supposed to be a demonstration of its use in a real incident. I was suprised how well the hose actually floated  ;D

Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 29, 2008, 16:48:15 »
Hi Tim!
If you don't mind, I would like to have some of my firefighters come over to you for a training session also!
They need some hands on with the new equipment  ;)! If we can get some plans together, I may send them with the parts I'm getting ready to mail to you! It would be great to be able to save on another plane ticket if I can send them now instead of later  :lol:! Let me know what you think  ;D!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #13 on: November 29, 2008, 17:19:55 »
Hello Bill,

As it happens there is a training course coming up soon with some spaces available. I have had a word with the chief training officer and he has reserved an unlimited amount of places for you. So its up to you how many men are sent over, we can allways open up an extra class for them. I would suggest that Junior officers and upwards attend as they have the most experience and would benefit more from the training. When they return home they can pass on the knowledge learned to the others. It would be nice to meet one of your Chief's as well, i know my Chief Fire Officer likes meeting new people ;D. I will leave the other finer details to you but i would suggest that first class tickets are purchased for your men (air mail, preferably recorded :lol:). We had an instance in the past when a group of men went astray on a boat only to turn up a month later looking slightly groggy :lol:

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 29, 2008, 17:48:33 »
Hello Bill,
As it happens there is a training course coming up soon with some spaces available. I have had a word with the chief training officer and he has reserved an unlimited amount of places for you. So its up to you how many men are sent over, we can allways open up an extra class for them. I would suggest that Junior officers and upwards attend as they have the most experience and would benefit more from the training. When they return home they can pass on the knowledge learned to the others. It would be nice to meet one of your Chief's as well, i know my Chief Fire Officer likes meeting new people ;D. I will leave the other finer details to you but i would suggest that first class tickets are purchased for your men (air mail, preferably recorded :lol:). We had an instance in the past when a group of men went astray on a boat only to turn up a month later looking slightly groggy :lol:

Hello again Tim  :wave:!
It sounds like a plan! I'm getting 8 personnel ready at this time; District 1 Deputy Chief 1, & 1 second lieutenant line officer, & 2, District 1 experienced firefighters. District 2 Deputy Chief 2, & 1 second lieutenant line officer, & 2, District 2 experienced firefighters. I will be sending their turnout gear complete with SCBA or BA's, 2 types of helmet's for each personnel, along with anything else you may need for them to bring, provided it will go through customs  :lol:! Let me know also if you have found any more parts that you may need that I may have in stock to send also. The other parts from Germany should be there soon  :prays:, I hope :crossed:!
Be thinking what you would like for your firefighters to be trained in here, so I can be setting up a memorable experience for them also!
Best Regards,
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: November 29, 2008, 19:06:15 »
Hello Bill,

That's great :)9 I will make arrangements for their arrival. I would also like to thank you for your kind offer.  I will have a look at the crew lists and pick out a few fire fighters to visit you in the states. When my men visited Ben they had some training in structure fire fighting and found it very usefull. Inspired by your large office fire i would be most greatfull if you could further train my men in dealing with such large structure fires :)9. The equipment you have chosen to send with your men will be great. I will be able to use the two different types of helmet in different scenario's :)9

Hmmm you have got me thinking now  :lol:

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: November 29, 2008, 23:42:25 »
Hello Bill,
That's great :)9 I will make arrangements for their arrival. I would also like to thank you for your kind offer.  I will have a look at the crew lists and pick out a few fire fighters to visit you in the states. When my men visited Ben they had some training in structure fire fighting and found it very usefull. Inspired by your large office fire i would be most greatfull if you could further train my men in dealing with such large structure fires :)9. The equipment you have chosen to send with your men will be great. I will be able to use the two different types of helmet in different scenario's :)9
Hmmm you have got me thinking now  :lol:

We will definitely assign your firefighters to the busiest fire houses in Playmobil City District's 1, & 2  ;)! I'm sure they will get their share of action  :lol:! The reason I say I'm going to send two different types of helmets with each firefighter, is because in the first fire department I belonged to, we were issued a department helmet called a Philadelphia series that was a molded yellow helmet which some firefighters used for both rescue, & firefighting, but most of us purchased our own N5A leather helmets that we used on fire calls only, due to the Bourke eye protection not being adequate enough for rescue protection like a Lexan full face shield that came standard on the Philadelphia style.

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2008, 22:05:20 »
It is great that we all are getting into the training scenarios again. It was a great adventure last time we did this. If any of you are interested, the PFD will be hosting a firefighter self-rescue class again. The class will contain some rapid intervention team drills and maybe even some live fire training. Send me a PM if anyone is interested.  >:D

- Ben

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2008, 22:15:45 »
Hello Ben,

Sounds great I will PM you tomorrow morning, i have a few things to discuss with you :)9

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2008, 13:52:13 »
It is great that we all are getting into the training scenarios again. It was a great adventure last time we did this. If any of you are interested, the PFD will be hosting a firefighter self-rescue class again. The class will contain some rapid intervention team drills and maybe even some live fire training. Send me a PM if anyone is interested.  >:D
 - Ben

I would like to know your departments schedule for training exercises if you don't mind Ben? I live in South Carolina so my men could possibly drive :lol: instead of flying! Let me if you may be interested in hosting my firefighters in a firefighting, or rescue class, of course it would be at your discretion as far as scheduling  ;)! I have 8 of my firefighters currently getting prepared to go to Tim_W in England, but I am sure I can spare some additional men on our schedule if you are doing any classes in the near future  :lol:! So far we are chartering 2 jets plus the 8 firefighters & their equipment regarding the PCFD's England trip.....BIG BOX! Our training budget............well you know how FD budget secretaries are.......WIFE :o!
Thank you,
Bill