Author Topic: Old Incidents Made New  (Read 6632 times)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Old Incidents Made New
« on: November 26, 2008, 18:06:09 »
Hello Everyone,

I have been following Bill's story very closely indeed and it has inspired me to start looking at the way I do things. As a result i went back and had a look at some of my old pictures from past photo stories. I take upwards of 50 pictures for any given story and only a few make it to the final stages. A lot of the pictures are from different angles and some didn't feel relevant to the story. Either way they have been sitting in folders on my computer gathering virtual dust untill now that is.
Here is a small selection of pictures that have either never been seen before or have been added because, for me they have a certain look about them that portray feelings of the klickies involved.

Tim

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Re: Old Incidents Made New
« Reply #1 on: November 26, 2008, 18:07:48 »
A water rescue that didn't get posted because it failed to capture what i was trying to portray. A couple of good shots came out of it though. This was a water rescue using a special hose inflation kit. Allthough dangerous the disused quarry tends to attract visitors. This lady fell in whilst trying to fetch her dog's ball 8}.

« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 18:50:27 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: November 26, 2008, 18:08:09 »
A couple of RTC's this time. One of them involved a HGV and a car, the other was a two car incident. Some new equipment was being tested at the time and it ultimatley saved the lives of these people.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 18:22:20 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: November 26, 2008, 18:08:29 »
An historic event captured on film. A small group of fire fighters visited from the USA courtesy of Ben (FireChief). They came over for intensive rescue training and learned how to use new equipment and special rescue techniques. I really like the group shot, its one of my favorite pictures in my collection.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 18:26:44 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: November 26, 2008, 18:08:41 »
This was a training exercises in USAR (Urban Search and Rescue). Unfortunately half of the pictures didn't turn out but i kept the best back for a rainy day. In these pictures the fire fighters are learning to shore up a piece of unstable wall.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 18:37:23 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #5 on: November 26, 2008, 18:09:08 »
In the old days fire fighters had very little equipment for dealing with RTA's (Road Traffic Accidents) or as they are known now RTC's (Road Traffic Collisions). They did the best they could with what little equipment they had (saws, crow bars and small jacks). Most of this equipment came straight out of garages and was hardly suitable for heavy rescue. These pictures are from the early days, the very dawn of my Playmobil fire service.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 18:42:25 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #6 on: November 26, 2008, 18:09:21 »
And finally two pictures taken from a TV series called Lights and Sirens. A film crew joined the fire fighters of Station 21 Claregate for two weeks, filming their daily lives. One of the most exciting things for the film crew was getting to ride in the cab of the fire engine when it responded to emergency calls.
« Last Edit: November 26, 2008, 18:47:49 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 26, 2008, 18:35:20 »
Hi Tim  :wave:!
I am glad you dug these treasures up to be displayed  :wow:! You have accomplished a very realistic feel to these recently added stories! What ever you do don't stop! I'm glad you're sharing your work again! I look forward to seeing additional endeavors!
Best Wishes,
Bill
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline FireChief

• Playmo Lover
    • Playmobil Fire Department
« Reply #8 on: November 27, 2008, 14:11:33 »
Great pictures as always Tim. I really like the USAR crews, I haven't scene those pictures before. Very cool.
Maybe someday we could have another fire training between departments.  :yup:

- Ben

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 29, 2008, 00:50:56 »
great work   :wow:
    honni soit qui mal y pense