Author Topic: Funeral of a King  (Read 3952 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Funeral of a King
« on: November 19, 2008, 00:02:38 »
Just something i set up last night and decided to take a few pictures . I do not know why they are carrying around a skeleton but they are ?

I tend to like the lower angle shots but then they do not give a birds eye view of what is going on

I liked this shot of the Sir Polkadots all lined up

And here is what the precession is all about

the exhumed king

I could not figure out a dead klickies facial expression or lack of one so i chose just to by pass it altogether

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: Funeral of a King
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2008, 01:46:45 »
great pictures rasputin.  :wow:
the glass coffin looks great - maybe medieval tech was not quite able to produce such big and transparent panels - but it still looks great.  :love:
thanks for sharing.
  :)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2008, 02:10:52 »
Thank you for sharing those pictures with us Rasputin! I love that crystal coffin and that blister pack was one of my favorites. Thank you.

Gepetto

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2008, 02:33:52 »

I should never have looked at your beautiful funeral procession the third time, Rasputin.

I was all caught up in your medieval splendor ... then I saw the US Cavalry guidon ...  :'(

However, (except for that "misplaced" flag) I really liked it!

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2008, 03:24:41 »
I was wondering when somebody would notice the flag  :lens: After i posted the picture i was going to Photoshop it out then i thought it might be fun to see how fast it gets picked up  :)9
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2008, 07:17:59 »
An unusual topic, Rasputin, but beautifully set up and photographed.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2008, 11:29:36 »
Beautiful - those red knights with black lion rampant are my favourite type yet, as the Heraldry is very realistic. I wish they'd do more like these instead of the dragon and wolf heads.

I think the faceless klicky is perfect for a dead'un, and the skeleton looks great.

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2008, 16:26:06 »
"An unusual topic, Rasputin, but beautifully set up and photographed."

Agreed! :yup:

"Beautiful - those red knights with black lion rampant are my favourite type yet, as the Heraldry is very realistic. I wish they'd do more like these instead of the dragon and wolf heads."

Amen! :yup:

"I think the faceless klicky is perfect for a dead'un, and the skeleton looks great."

Agreed! :yup:

Gepetto

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: November 21, 2008, 01:21:18 »
Ouch--the bend in the skeleton's arm gave me the shivers.

Creative display!

PS.  Dead klickies smile.  Did you expect anything less?
-Tim

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: November 21, 2008, 23:14:28 »
Hello Rasputin

This is an excellent little set up :wow:. I was fascinated to see how you dealt with the 'dead head' in the end. How did you actually do this ? My first guess would be that you put the head on back to front ? Either way it is very effective and conveys the message that he is dead really well. I also like the skeleton's arm being bent to hold the sword, a really nice touch. I have my own theory as to why they might be carrying the skeleton with them but i doubt this fits in with the actual story itself, it just sparked my imagination.

Tim :)

(28/5/03/850)