Author Topic: new storage I built today  (Read 8141 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
new storage I built today
« on: November 14, 2008, 23:50:04 »
Well with Christmas just around the corner i decided today to build a little more room . I could not go out and up was the path or least resistance .

The first one is 4 feet long 30" wide and as high as the ceiling . i was able to make 4 shelves on it .

It has a castle on the first shelf

a western scene on the second shelf

a western home-stead on the third

and some castle shops on the forth

The other unit is a bit longer ( 6' ) and only has 3 shelves do to the over head light i did not want to obstruct ( yet )

The first shelf is the soccer game

The second is the air port

And the third is the dino expedition

all i need to do now is to paint the legs brown to match the cloth and i think that will make it look a lot less obtrusive

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: new storage I built today
« Reply #1 on: November 15, 2008, 01:08:12 »
That is very nice Rasputin!! Just to have the room to maneuver the lumber around is impressive yet alone being able to construct shelves big enough to hold your dioramas (were those riot police at your soccer game?).

Nice too that you now have more space available for the Christmas haul. Thanks for sharing your pictures.

Gepetto

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 15, 2008, 01:38:22 »
I built it right in its spot . I would have knocked half of my displays to the ground trying to wrestle it in if it were built outside . I am very clumsy and rough when it comes to moving things .  The foose ball table was hard enough to get out of the room .

Yes the riot police are there to protect one of the star players . You can see the kids trying to her an autograph .

Thank you and you are welcome
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: November 15, 2008, 03:27:13 »
A very workmanlike job that will serve you well for a long time.  I wish I had a room like that rather than having to keep everything in boxes and haul it all out and downstairs from the loft to set it up in the garage or outside and then haul it all back into the loft.  When we move that problem should be solved, when we move that is. :(

I like the brown cloth you've used on the shelves, and painting the framework to match will help it blend in as you suggest.

Your approach to moving things sounds a bit like mine!

The football game layout is my favourite, things seem to be at an exciting point there.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 15, 2008, 04:27:56 »
I could not imagine you being clumsy being a fireman and all . If i were to be clumsy on the job i smash a house or some thing silly buy you have ( or had ) a very intense life threatening job.  :wow:

The brown cloth finally came in handy after sitting in our barn for over 6 years . A friends mom had a shop selling India imports and when she closed shop we took a lot of stuff including large rolls of fabric.

The football ( or soccer ) is one of mine and the kids favorite spots and we made sure it was situated there so we all could access it for a game . I am going to get a few bleachers so all the fans can have a place to riot and fall down the stairs  :P

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: November 15, 2008, 07:00:49 »
Like Gordon I'm green with envy, my display area is about two of your shelves. Everything else is boxed or piled up waiting to be stored.

I'd love to be able to have more than two displays at once, so I could keep several permanent set ups. You've done a brilliant job!

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #6 on: November 15, 2008, 09:37:02 »
nice work

and lol , your playmo is a s dusty as mine  ;D
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline Jimbo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: November 15, 2008, 12:49:10 »
Excellent work, Rasputin.
Your collection is very well presented.
My Playmobil is stored mostly in boxes, with a few displayed in "my" room :)

Best regards,
Jimbo

Offline GRANT

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: November 15, 2008, 13:27:34 »
 :wow: :wow: Nice set up & nice collection.  :wow: :wow:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: November 15, 2008, 13:55:56 »
Hi Rasputin!
Excellent custom storage shelves  ;)! I also like how the complete Playmobil toy line is represented,.......what a collection, & all on display  :wow:!
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!