Author Topic: new storage I built today  (Read 8136 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: new storage I built today
« Reply #10 on: November 15, 2008, 14:12:37 »
I could not imagine you being clumsy being a fireman and all . If i were to be clumsy on the job i smash a house or some thing silly buy you have ( or had ) a very intense life threatening job.  :wow:

Ah, it depends where I am.  At an incident you're in an environment you've trained for, working at home it's different.  At home, things tend to work like this unless I really discipline myself.

"There's the PM box I want, at the back.  Hm, should be able to reach it."

Takes two steps forward.

"Now what did I catch?"

Turns round and catches something else...

and so it goes on.   8}
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: November 15, 2008, 14:56:30 »
I'd love to be able to have more than two displays at once, so I could keep several permanent set ups. You've done a brilliant job!

Thank you Martin, There is one catch that will turn that green a little darker. I have to listen to my wife  ( not that much anymore ) and from my father in-law who really already found me, well different , and now this . He was disciplined by nuns so according to him i should be paddled daily for my indulgent sins  :whip:
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: November 15, 2008, 14:59:03 »
nice work

and lol , your playmo is a s dusty as mine  ;D

Thanks for reminding me  :-[ I wonder if one of those ion windless air filters would help . The only problem is i leave the windows open year round .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: November 15, 2008, 15:02:19 »
Excellent work, Rasputin.
Your collection is very well presented.
My Playmobil is stored mostly in boxes, with a few displayed in "my" room :)

Best regards,
Jimbo

Thank you Jimbo, I may not do Hard customs yet but i sure can display .

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: November 15, 2008, 15:04:44 »
:wow: :wow: Nice set up & nice collection.  :wow: :wow:

Thank you Grant, I just find it so much easier to appreciate the toy when they are set up and available .

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: November 15, 2008, 15:08:06 »
Hi Rasputin!
Excellent custom storage shelves  ;)! I also like how the complete Playmobil toy line is represented,.......what a collection, & all on display  :wow:!

Thank you Bill, The completeness is probable the largest reason for me collecting the toy . I try to use it as much as possible to educate the boys and if it is all out we can see it and use it on a whim . The boys are allowed to play with just about anything they ask for as long as they clean up afterwards .

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #16 on: November 15, 2008, 18:09:42 »

Very creative and excellent use of space, Rasputin!

Interesting to read about you and Gordon being a bit clumsy.

I wonder if being somewhat of a klutz is part of being a Playmobil fan? ...  :klickywink:

I remember rather vividly going after my collection of empty Playmobil boxes. It was the week that I "retired" from our firm. A slight slip off the ladder resulted in a fall from the attic to the concrete floor below. Four broken ribs helped me to remember that I wasn't invincible ...  :klickygrin:

Thanks for sharing your very good storage ideas with us.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: November 15, 2008, 19:39:00 »

Interesting to read about you and Gordon being a bit clumsy.

I wonder if being somewhat of a klutz is part of being a Playmobil fan? ...  :klickywink:

I remember rather vividly going after my collection of empty Playmobil boxes. It was the week that I "retired" from our firm. A slight slip off the ladder resulted in a fall from the attic to the concrete floor below. Four broken ribs helped me to remember that I wasn't invincible ...  :klickygrin:
All the best,
Richard

Thanks for the compliments. That story sounds like something i will be doing in my golden years. For now i just have to listen to my wife comments about living with me is like living with a bear in the house  :lol:

Actually i just was reminded of how when i was moving the ladder to get to the top shelf i was being so careful not to hit the trains below i failed to look up and i hit the space station .

I had built a complete orb station complete with docking station and when i hit it it came crashing down on top of my head exploding into bits  8}

the kids had a hay day searching for parts and making new ships and a large robot

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: November 15, 2008, 21:27:27 »

Two comments and one question, Rasputin ...

1. Your children are beautiful!

2. Love your cobwebs of space!

3. What happens when you turn on your ceiling fan?

Thanks for letting us visit ...  :klickygrin:

All the best,
Richard

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: November 15, 2008, 22:15:00 »
i guess we might  play tropical storm  ;) it is not that hot here ( only 85 ) today so i guess i will have to wait and see in the summer time  :eh?: