Author Topic: Playmobil City Fire Department District 1 Station 4 with personnel description.  (Read 8521 times)

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
This is Playmobil City Fire Department District 1 Station 4. The apparatus assigned to this station is: Engine E141, Ladder L145, SUV unit 1481, Specialty Trailer ST14A, & Medic Supervisor Car MSC1. This Station, & Playmobil City Fire Department District 2 Station 4 respond to all incident's at the Playmobil City International Airport to assist the airport's fire department. This station has mainly residential habitation in it's response area. As stated earlier, whenever Stations 2, 3, or 4, get a call, a back up engine from District 1 Station 1 is dispatched also. PCFD District 2 also sends apparatus as needed to assist PCFD District 1, & vise versa. Ladder L145 is considered a Super Ladder in terms of being a larger piece of apparatus. It requires an apparatus O.I.C., an apparatus operator/driver, & a crew of 4 firefighters to respond on a call.

A picture of apparatus, & personnel assigned to Playmobil City Fire Department District 1 Station 4.

Engine E141, Ladder L145.

Front view of Engine E141.

RT front view of Ladder L145.

Front view of Ladder L145.

Suv unit 1481.

Specialty Trailer ST14A.

Medic Supervisor Car MSC1, & crew.

Interior structure firefighters assigned to Station 4.

LT overview picture of personnel, & equipment.

« Last Edit: November 12, 2008, 15:43:59 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil City Fire Department District 1 Station 4
« Reply #1 on: November 08, 2008, 05:27:51 »
Hi Bill,

Now you have me wondering, why are some members in orange? I assume they are driver/operators and if so do they stay with an assigned apparatus forever or rotate amongst themselves? Do the other firefighters have a chance to drive/operate? Do they need to be certified on the various pieces? Thanks for the pix, I find them strangely reassuring.

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2008, 06:56:25 »
Hi Bill,

Now you have me wondering, why are some members in orange? I assume they are driver/operators and if so do they stay with an assigned apparatus forever or rotate amongst themselves? Do the other firefighters have a chance to drive/operate? Do they need to be certified on the various pieces? Thanks for the pix, I find them strangely reassuring.
Gepetto

Hi Gepetto  :wave:!
I was wondering when someone was going to inquire about this situation. This is how I assign personnel as required. The 2 personnel that are in solid orange upper jackets with solid white Philadelphia style helmets with each piece of apparatus are the driver/operators, & apparatus O.I.C.'s. They are assigned to their apparatus permanently unless promoted to a higher officers position or ask for a transfer which will be granted on basis of purpose.

The apparatus driver/operator is responsible for everything concerning the performance of the vehicle. Their rank maybe that of a corporal. They check the operation, & fluids of all systems at the beginning of each shift. They are to keep up with the hours their vehicle is worked for scheduled maintenance cycles, & make that information available to the vehicle fleet supervisor who in turn schedules all maintenance appointments based on this information. They are to know all systems bypass functions to know how to work a disabled apparatus on scene if an on board system should fail. They also assist the firefighters when equipment is checked at the beginning of each shift, like starting the chain saws, checking equipment fuel levels, & making sure everything is operational at all times. On scenes they operate the pump on engines, spot light generators, Tower Ladder or Ladder Truck controls, special apparatus equipment like brush firefighting units portable pumps, etc. on their assigned apparatus. On special units such as water supply tankers T1, T2, & small brush firefighting units B5, B6 the job description varies due to being 2 man crews, & the vehicles special operational needs.

The apparatus O.I.C. is responsible for assigned personnel completing their duties.  Their rank maybe that of a sargent. The apparatus O.I.C. is also responsible for command on a scene, & have received incident command training to handle most situations. They will turn command over to a higher officer once they arrive on scene if it is an upper command type incident, & update the higher command officer on actions taken so far. At the same time they are also responsible for accounting for all personnel assigned to their apparatus. PCFD uses a name tag system that tells officers where any certain firefighter is sent, & for which assignment. They are to know exactly where all of their personnel are at all times via radio. The next function they are responsible for is assignment of equipment such as; hose sections, couplings, saws, tools, etc., being used on scene from their apparatus to be sure it gets properly returned to get their unit back into service without delays, & be available for the next call.

Both of these personnel maybe required to wear SCBA or BA systems on scene to perform their job descriptions.

The firefighters in grey turnout gear with yellow, & white stripes, N5A black leather helmets, & SCBA systems are the firefighters that respond to the in city fire rescue, medical first responder calls, & fight building structure fires. These firefighter figures have been given an additional white stripe at the bottom of their bunker pants for safety reasons by me. They are responsible for checking operation of all equipment on their assigned apparatus at the beginning of every shift. They are to be certified EMT's, EMT-I's, or Paramedics for first response regarding medical call's. They are to be certified interior structure firefighters. All personnel are to take in station training classes everyday, perform station, & apparatus clean up duties, inspect Playmobil City buildings for codes, & preplan buildings interior construction for the department's building response manual, & conduct scenarios for future responses. They also review previous alarm calls to evaluate what problems were encountered, & what steps need to be taken to prevent simular problems in the future. All personnel are evaluated every 6 months by their station commanding officer on their job performance. PCFD does not tolerate slackers, but on a positive note there have not been any personnel job loses due to this reason ;)!

HAZ MAT personnel with protective suits & breathing apparatus..

Male & (female in center) officers of the brush & forest firefighting units. Their rank maybe that of a first lieutenant.

Brush & forest firefighting personnel. Notice high Kevlar boot tops to protect against snake bites. Nearly all of the personnel in these units have this type of boot for that reason. Center firefighter has the optional timber cutter's helmet with full face visor.

Special rescue team officers/departmental instructors. These officers take command of special rescue procedures such as jump mattress rescues, rappelling operations, etc. Their rank maybe that of a first lieutenant. They are also responsible for instructing all of PCFD Districts 1 & 2 inner departmental daily training classes.

District 1 Chief's; Chief Lawrence, Assistant Chief Smith, Deputy Chief Jones

WSRRT unit dive tenders.

WSRRT unit divers.

Fire battling ship crew.

Arson unit investigators. Their rank maybe that of a captain with special police/CSI privledges.

BTW, if a crew says for example; "E111 or TL124 etc., to headquarters we have emergency radio traffic", that signals for all units to hold off talking on the radio so this crew can tell what kind of situation has come up, & what they are going to need to help them. Headquarters will say; all units stop channel 1,2, or 3 radio traffic....go ahead E111 or TL124 etc.,....at which point the crew in distress will say what the situation is, & all hands will assist in helping them.

« Last Edit: February 06, 2011, 01:04:13 by Bill Blackhurst »
  Forget about all of the other stuff,....all we need is the reintroduction of the 3526 Fire Engine!

Offline Gepetto

• Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: November 09, 2008, 18:01:55 »
Excellent, and thank you Bill! Your explanations are as clear and concise as your layout and photos, I am learning an awful lot about fire and rescue. Thank you very much.

Gepetto

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: November 09, 2008, 19:08:12 »
Excellent, and thank you Bill! Your explanations are as clear and concise as your layout and photos, I am learning an awful lot about fire and rescue. Thank you very much.
Gepetto

Thank you Gepetto!
I am using a basic service philosophy, & modifying it to my PCFD theme, but of course it is easier than in real life  ;D. Playmobil gives a number of figures from over the recent years to have enough variations to make a very well staffed department!

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
That certainly is a smart looking staff. They need to get dirty on a job now
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
That certainly is a smart looking staff. They need to get dirty on a job now

Thank you Rasputin!
I am working on a large building fire scene as we speak! I just recently received the fogger machine for the smokey atmosphere. Now I am designing the layout which will take quite awhile, but I hope it's worth it!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
You've certainly got it all worked out, Bill.  Thanks for the photos and detailed information, and I look forward to seeing them all in action over time.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Bill Blackhurst

• Playmo Master
You've certainly got it all worked out, Bill.  Thanks for the photos and detailed information, and I look forward to seeing them all in action over time.
Thank you Gordon! I'm working on projects now to put it all to use!
« Last Edit: December 28, 2008, 05:11:53 by Bill Blackhurst »

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
Hello Bill,

I am sorry its taken a while to reply, i have been working through your threads in great detail the last few days. I found this one particularly fascinating because of how it detailed the different ranks and crews and their different rolls within your fire service. I have allways been interested in how everything fits in so to speak. This is something i have been concentrating on a lot with my fire service recently. I have just spent an entire day re-equipping all of my pumping appliances and making sure they have a standard equipment load out. I made the mistake of mixing everything up when i cleaned the appliances and it was a nightmare sorting it back out again :lol: It paid off in the end because i have 5 pumping appliances in service as of this evening and another one that has been left 'empty' for my up and coming thread on appliances and equipment load outs.

Anyway that's enough of my rambling  :lol:

Tim  :wave:

(28/5/03/850)