Author Topic: did this clicky really exist?  (Read 6024 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: did this clicky really exist?
« Reply #10 on: October 21, 2008, 14:24:34 »
I think it was not so much safety of the product as stupidity of the customers, i.e would children eat the Playmobil toy instead of the burger!

Makes you wonder about the eyesight of those kids/ parents. "mmm - what should I eat - the hamburger or that bright coloured plastic thingy

Although I have never owned any of those early sets, the city defenders set is one of my favourites - there is something about it  which just makes it stand out.
I had both. And I can clearly remember the first of those city defenders hitting the shelves. I thought then as I do now that they were the best men-at-arms and knights ever produced by Geobra  :love:
« Last Edit: October 21, 2008, 16:07:41 by CountBogro »
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: October 21, 2008, 16:03:11 »
In all fairness I do not see it necessary to bash parents here . The box's on all playmobil has a warning stating " chocking hazard, not for children under 3 years "  A child can start eating McDonlalds and any solid food around 1 year's old . A 2-3 year old could easily be enticed by the "Happy Meal" which comes with a toy. So I do not know if it was the parents or kids fault but in fact the Companies not doing enough homework on who would be buying these . It just is a law over here and this clearly did not meet the criteria for the safety of unattended children .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: October 21, 2008, 16:16:21 »
Still, a if a toy is not suited for a child then the parents should be extra alert, and not blame the toy. As far as I know Playmobil has never been sold as suitable for under 3's.

This really feels like the story of the lady that tried to dry her doggie in the Microwave and then sued for damages as it wasn't in the instructions that it would kill the dog. Come on ... what ever happened to common sense? I more and more get the feeling it died some time ago and has been quickly and quietly buried.
No flowers nor headstone needed  :-\

Bogro

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #13 on: October 22, 2008, 10:27:35 »
yes, i still have that knight, it was my son's from the early 80s i think, although the version i have is blonde and has a helmet with a crown ringing the edge and there is a red cape with a 3d red cross that comes off as well.  i really can't remember, but i think these were possibly freebies with a fast food meal here in the states.  we also have an indian maiden, a construction worker with accessories, and a cowboy and horse with trough, and my favorite, the girl with the mini dress and umbrella.
kaethe

You've got to be talking about this one ...
(& these ones)

that knight, attached
indian maiden
construction worker #1, #2 or #3 (@ Collectobil.com Single Klicky collection, in the catalogue)
cowboy and horse (?) is it a red one?
girl with the mini dress and umbrella

Gus
:blackhair:
Gus

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #14 on: October 22, 2008, 10:45:01 »
those city defenders (...). I thought then as I do now that they were the best men-at-arms and knights ever produced by Geobra  :love:

I agree with you Count Bogro. In medieval sets, there's none like that one. I never had one :-[

In pirates sets, there has been sets like the first ones, but, in medieval, they lack the same quality, either for civil as for military as well!

pennies, pennies ... :2c:
by

Gus
Gus

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2008, 09:25:34 »
gus
you are almost right, and all of you are correct, i remember going to macdonalds just to get the freebies, as i was a horrible mean mother and did not let my kids eat that stuff.  our knight, however, has a red body, (although there are blue bodies with the cowboy hats and horses, but they could have been exchanged)but the cape is shorter, the cross is embossed, and the lower portion of the cross is longer than the other three arms.  no throne came with the freebies.  the construction worker is #2, no wheelbarrow, but lots of pipes and cones, and the indian maiden has yellow arms and legs, although the standard pink face.  my umbrella girls have flat blue broad-brimmed hats or white small-brimmed floppy hats ( can't remember, they were all jumbled in the toy box, black hair, red dresses, white arms and legs, yellow umbrellas with black handles and red squarish shopping bags.  the knight was my son's favorite, and the silver is wearing off of the armour, showing a blue plastic underneath.  by the way, my son is almost 32, and i have boxes of his toys saved, the original transformers and boxes and boxes of legos.
kaethe

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #16 on: October 23, 2008, 11:37:52 »
Hi, k~!

If the knight had blue body, then it had an armour like the one in the picture Count Bogro showed?

This would solve the mistery ... :)
So, these klickys may probably have come by like this, as a (first?) idea of making klickys with removable armours ...

About the girls' hats, I'd have to check it up ...

& Indians were pink skinned, in the beginning of Playmo (industry) History, cause there was only pink 'n brown variation ... ;D I was astounded when I first saw an actual "red skin", back in the '90s! (Eskimos should be red skins, but they were still produced slightly before they had this wonderful idea ...)

Nice your son's almost 32 ... I'm 32. 'Wish my mom had saved the boxes, but she's a little out of all this and there's also the fact that I never let her have much space in my toys, or what I would do with 'em ... And they (both parents) respected me a lot ... 'Have no complaints :)

Does your son still like his toys, or has he "grown up"? ... You may answer this through pm, if you prefer. If he likes chess (or baseball), he's a lucky guy anyway! :yup:

Gus
Gus

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #17 on: October 23, 2008, 16:16:26 »
i really can't remember, but i think these were possibly freebies with a fast food meal here in the states
anyone has a Mcdonalds promo knight into the bag?
I have seen sometimes in ebay indians, cowboys, horses, woman with umbrella etc but never a knight!
i have an other thing to look for! :(

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: October 24, 2008, 07:59:48 »
I think Kaethe got a knight like your Avatar, Gustavo.

I guess the first knights with the removable armour were introduced as a replacement for the first knight's chromed bodies. The Pictures from Klickywelt seem to suggest that the package wasn't changed (showing a klicky with chromed bodies) but the contents was simply changed (delivering a klicky without chromed body but with a removable armour).
Something like that happened with the first klickies with movable wrists. The package would show solid wrists, but the box would containt klickies with movable, pink wrists. That happened to me with a box of City Mercenaries that I swapped with Ms. Omega. (not that I minded though!)

Bogro

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: December 21, 2008, 23:41:06 »
gus sorry it has taken so long for me to finish this post, and this is actually a test to see if i can get photos posted.  here is the front and back view of the knight in discussion, as you can see his silver is very worn. note, the breast plate is removable, and i currently do not have his sword or shield for the photo.

in answer to your other question, my son is still very much in love with his toys, and thrilled that i have kept them, however, because of his extended stay in the peace corps and consequent other third world projects and stays, all of his toys are here in our house.