Author Topic: did this clicky really exist?  (Read 6022 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
did this clicky really exist?
« on: October 19, 2008, 17:51:51 »
I saw this clicky a few times; but never in a box, nor in any catalogue.
Now, it's available as a large figure from Playmobil.de. But I wonder - was this knight ever released with removable armour? As far as I know it wasn't ever; but am I wrong here?

Who knows more on this?

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
Re: did this clicky really exist?
« Reply #1 on: October 19, 2008, 18:03:40 »
   8-)  Wow, that is really interesting, Bogro!  They also have an Indian and Construction Worker on the same scale.  Here's a link to the catalog page:  German Playmobil site, fan items.

I wonder why they have decided to intoduce figures of this size (24 cm or about 9.5 inches) and I wonder if there will be more different figures in the future.   :eh?:

- Anne
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #2 on: October 19, 2008, 18:33:14 »
yes, I have the knight. It's a limited edition. It's not mobile and really heavy
I can make some pictures of mine if you want...
http://www.playclicks.com/playforos/index.php?topic=17475.0

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2008, 19:28:04 »
It seems I haven't been clear - I meant: was this figure ever released as a "normal" clicky?

As far as I know those type of knights always had a chromed torso and never a breastplate. But am I right?

Bogro

Offline aleon

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2008, 21:41:57 »
lol, sorry I  don't read your first post with attention.
well some of the single knight boxes has silver body but others have a color body with an armour.
there is a thread in the german board talking about that.
http://www.klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?t=28264&highlight=3331 (must be registered for see the pictures)

V1 of those boxes has a solver body but V2 the body was changed for a color one with a breastplate.

Offline Gustavo

• Playmo Master
  • At your service
« Reply #5 on: October 20, 2008, 00:01:09 »
The original klicky is the one I use as avatar.

I can't recall this one.
There's the soldiers of the city defense. These had armours.

These are the references from Collectobil.com:

red knight
herald The idea of the herald's covering is to be a cloth, with arms

city defense soldiers With these, there came the idea of an armour outside the klicky's body

Gus
:blackhair:

also attached
Gus
:blackhair:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: October 20, 2008, 04:54:51 »
Thanks guys.

@ Gustavo: those are the knights as I had and remembered them. Either chrome bodies and the early helmet as your avatar has or chromed breastplate and later helmet like the city defenders but I had never seen the combination of a chromed breastplate and the early helmet.

@Aleon: it seems I am wrong. Thanks for the link and info! Learned something new today.

Thanks again!!!

Bogro

Offline kaethe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: October 21, 2008, 03:39:22 »
yes, i still have that knight, it was my son's from the early 80s i think, although the version i have is blonde and has a helmet with a crown ringing the edge and there is a red cape with a 3d red cross that comes off as well.  i really can't remember, but i think these were possibly freebies with a fast food meal here in the states.  we also have an indian maiden, a construction worker with accessories, and a cowboy and horse with trough, and my favorite, the girl with the mini dress and umbrella.
kaethe

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2008, 05:09:37 »
... , but i think these were possibly freebies with a fast food meal here in the states.  we also have an indian maiden, a construction worker with accessories, and a cowboy and horse with trough, and my favorite, the girl with the mini dress and umbrella. ...

MacDonalds did have Playmobil in their Happy meals somewhere in the eighties; but they were retired after a short run as there was some questions about the safety of the toy.

Bogro

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: October 21, 2008, 08:15:02 »
MacDonalds did have Playmobil in their Happy meals somewhere in the eighties; but they were retired after a short run as there was some questions about the safety of the toy.

Bogro
I think it was not so much safety of the product as stupidity of the customers, i.e would children eat the Playmobil toy instead of the burger!

Although I have never owned any of those early sets, the city defenders set is one of my favourites - there is something about it  which just makes it stand out.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”