Author Topic: The Colour of Gargoyles  (Read 5394 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: The Colour of Gargoyles
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2008, 09:54:31 »
I'd go for the grey ones; unless it's meant to be a very posh or awe-inspiring building. In that case I'd go for golden ones - but I can't think of many buildings having other then grey ones.

But why don't you make a poll about it ???

Just my own 0.02 worth...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2008, 18:07:21 »
I'd say the grey (stone) or the gold, not the anthracite metallic.  Maybe the grey would be better still with a satin finish as it looks a bit too glossy.

Dito. Couldn't advice better  :)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2008, 19:13:36 »
. . . But my building was all grey , so it was like the little ornaments dissapeared in the grey if choose grey  . . .

This was my chief reason for preferring the darker anthracite color although it makes sense that the gargoyles would be carved from the same type of stone as the building stones.  If you use the stone grey color perhaps you could apply some darker shading in the creases of the figures so that they will be more easily seen as gargoyles from a distance.  Just a thought . . .

- Anne
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Justindo

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: September 27, 2008, 03:21:08 »
I personally don't like the anthracite.  I'd opt for gray if you want it authentic and to blend in or gold if you want it to stand out.  I do, however, think the gold complements the gold lanterns nicely.
:egypt: :roman: :viking: :knight: :arrr: :indian: :cowboy:

Offline Little Jo

• Tool Master
  • Playmo Master
    • Little Jo's PlaymoWorld
« Reply #14 on: September 27, 2008, 09:41:30 »
If you use the stone grey color perhaps you could apply some darker shading in the creases of the figures so that they will be more easily seen as gargoyles from a distance.  Just a thought . . .

Oh, that's a good thought. I should keep this idea in mind, maybe useful for some future customizing works of mine.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: September 29, 2008, 00:52:22 »
Could you give a picture of the whole building ? This might get us a better perspective on the overall look and would narrow it down to one color .

From the corner shot it looks like an interesting building with some creatively used parts .
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays: