Author Topic: KLICKYWELT CLOSED !!!  (Read 10621 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
KLICKYWELT CLOSED !!!
« on: June 11, 2008, 22:11:39 »

KLICKYWELT CLOSED ...

Just got this message from Bennain over at GW-PC:

Hello,

I have closed the Klickywelt.

Thanks for visiting.

Regards
Bennain

We don't know what happened ...

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Re: KLICKYWELT CLOSED !!!
« Reply #1 on: June 11, 2008, 22:22:36 »

Very strange! :o

All of the posts have been removed and Bennain's goodbye topic is all that remains:

http://www.klickywelt.de/aus%2C-vorbei%2C-ende-t28803.html

I wonder what happened. :eh?:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: June 12, 2008, 04:20:43 »
Apparently internal arguments led to some members being expelled and after that klickywelt shut down.  It's a shame as I think  it was the most active board, except maybe apart from planete-playmo, although I haven't visited that for some time so I don't have any recent experience of the level of activity there.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: June 12, 2008, 05:45:12 »
Again ??? I never knew that Germans were that hot-headed  ??? 8} ??? ...

I really wonder what happened over there ...

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline macgayver

• MrPainterElf
  • Playmo Addict
  • www.macgayverplaymobil.be
    • Macgayverplaymobil
« Reply #4 on: June 12, 2008, 06:39:10 »
it will come back I think
One picture say's more then a thousand words ;)

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #5 on: June 12, 2008, 11:21:00 »
Now there has been posted a little more information about what has happened. Apparently, Bennain (owner of Klickywelt), has received threaths and that's why the forum was closed immediately. Besides the information about the closing of the forum, one of the Admin's writes that they are working on a new plan/searching for a solution.
« Last Edit: June 12, 2008, 11:44:30 by LHAAP »

Offline socrates

• Geobra Gourmet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: June 12, 2008, 12:16:35 »
Again ??? I never knew that Germans were that hot-headed  ??? 8} ??? ...

They are always on top when it comes to tournaments...  :P

But seriously, I am shocked...  :o
I haven't read in klickywelt for quite a time, so I have no idea what happened (...this time...  ::) ).

It is very strange, especially as I know most of the guys personally... ...and they always got together quite well in the "real" life... but on the boards....  :-\ ::)

Well, I am quite sure, all those german fans will get together somewhere else...
...to wear down the next board administrator...  >:D

best,
socrates
"Just living is not enough," said the butterfly, "one must have sunshine, freedom, and a little flower."
— Hans Christian Andersen

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #7 on: June 12, 2008, 21:50:25 »

Apparently, Bennain (owner of Klickywelt), has received threaths and that's why the forum was closed immediately.

I'm sorry to hear that. :(

Hope everything returns to normal as soon as possible! :crossed:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: June 12, 2008, 22:08:04 »
What did they threaten to cut off his supply of Playmobil ?
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: June 13, 2008, 00:02:53 »
Now there has been posted a little more information about what has happened. Apparently, Bennain (owner of Klickywelt), has received threaths and that's why the forum was closed immediately.

Klickywelt is a blast--but yeah, by blast I mean explosion!

It's tormenting--I was reading one thread in German about African armies during Roman times.  To me, all seemed well, until it began to dawn on me that the posters were enraged with the thread creator, who I gathered had presented a stereotypical view of ancient Africa or else was promoting said view.  I never figured out exactly, even with the help of Babel-fish.  Inevitably, the thread was locked by the administrator. 

I wonder what sort of threats Bennain received?  Seems a shame he would bring the whole site down just due to one crank.  I mean, a threat is upsetting, but come on, these are playmobil collectors:

Threatener:  "I'm going to call your children and introduce them to American-style humor."
Receiver: "My daughter is a gorgeous supermodel and here with me now.  Would you like to talk to her?  Careful--she eats little boys who still collect toys for dinner."
Threatener: "I... I... I..." [Hangs up]

Maybe that's why my German kin came to America.  There was a big flame war at the Bier halle, the owner shut the place down because he was so ticked off, and my ancestors "showed him" by moving to America.