Author Topic: Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS  (Read 6881 times)

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS
« on: May 17, 2008, 09:08:13 »

This news might interest the gamers out there (or the parents with young children ;)).

Playmobil are planning to release a Pirate-themed game for the Nintendo DS handheld console.

Press release here:
http://www.pocketgamer.co.uk/r/DS/Playmobil+Pirates:+Blackbeard's+Treasure/news.asp?c=6858

Our youngest son has the Lego Star Wars game and has asked us to get him the Indiana Jones one for his birthday.
I have a feeling this Pirate one will end up on his Christmas "wish list" once he's seen the pics. :)

It does say in the article that the game will be released first in Germany, but hopefully it will be introduced in other countries later, just as the Hype, Laura, and Alex Builds His Farm games were. :crossed:

edit: removed image links and added attachments
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 09:35:21 by Sylvia »

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
Re: Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS
« Reply #1 on: May 17, 2008, 09:13:42 »
Thanks for sharing these news, Sylvia :wow: The game certainly looks nice and I have just bought myself a new Nintendo DS, so it couldn't be better :lol:

Unfortunately it doesn't seem that you can link directly to pictures from the site.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 09:36:31 »
Unfortunately it doesn't seem that you can link directly to pictures from the site.

Oopsie. It worked on the preview. :-[

I've gone back and added the images as attachments instead.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 12:04:13 »
Definitly a must-have for me!

Now, I only have to convince Wilma that we need a DS  :-[

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #4 on: May 17, 2008, 13:57:03 »

Hello and thanks for the info, Sylvia ...  :wave:

Wonder if Nintendo (and Playmobil) will also release it for their Wii ... ???

I was a bit amused by the reviewer's comments about Playmobil:

"It only seems natural, then, that other toy brands would want to get in on the act. And in has come Playmobil. You know, the plastic toy for lazy, imagination-starved children because everything came pretty much pre-built."

Hmmm ...  :hmm:
Is it possible that Playmofriends are all "lazy, imgination-starved adult children?"  ... :lol:

BTW ... the reviewer at that website welcomes comments from their readers ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: May 17, 2008, 16:20:51 »

"It only seems natural, then, that other toy brands would want to get in on the act. And in has come Playmobil. You know, the plastic toy for lazy, imagination-starved children because everything came pretty much pre-built."

Hmmm ...  :hmm:
Is it possible that Playmofriends are all "lazy, imgination-starved adult children?"  ... :lol:

BTW ... the reviewer at that website welcomes comments from their readers ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

I'd love to comment, but as I have no imagination I can't think of anything to say! LOL

There's a great pirate game called Sid Meier's Pirates on the Sony PSP, nothing to do with Playmobil but everything to do with pirates.

I had this as a PC game years ago and now it's portable I'm hooked all over again.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #6 on: May 17, 2008, 17:44:15 »

I'd love to comment, but as I have no imagination I can't think of anything to say! LOL

Hate to be a Milner copycat ... but, that was my problem too ...  ;D

Offline seawarrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #7 on: May 17, 2008, 18:16:53 »
i love sid mieres pirates!
Friendship is like peeing on yourself, everyone can see it, but only you get the warm feeling it brings!

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
UPDATE Re: Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS
« Reply #8 on: May 20, 2008, 08:44:22 »

There has been an update to the initial press release on the Pocket Gamer website:

Playmobil Pirates likely for the UK too

Berlin-based publisher HMH Interactive has since been in touch to confirm it will be releasing Playmobil Pirates across Europe in September (it comes translated into French, Spanish, Dutch and English).

Its publisher says it's also in negotiation with UK publishers to bring it to our shores, so with a little luck we'll also be able to get our hands on Lego's closest rival a little after we've finished playing with Lego Indiana Jones.

That comment irked me somewhat. They've obviously never actually come into contact with children playing with Playmobil. You don't have to build things to be able to use your imagination. ::)

Lego is a fantastic toy. I have no argument with that at all. I have rarely heard Playmobil fans rubbishing the Lego product, so I don't know why Lego fans sometimes feel compelled to make these negative comments. All it does is show their ignorance. :(

Edit:
I just read the comments posted to the original review.
It seems the webmaster actually likes Playmobil but he tweaked the author's comments about Playmobil just to make the article more edgy! :hmm:
« Last Edit: May 20, 2008, 08:55:11 by Sylvia »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: UPDATE Re: Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS
« Reply #9 on: May 20, 2008, 09:15:10 »

Edit:
I just read the comments posted to the original review.
It seems the webmaster actually likes Playmobil but he tweaked the author's comments about Playmobil just to make the article more edgy! :hmm:[/color]

Which raises the question - how much can you rely on any reviews they do of games?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”