Author Topic: Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS  (Read 6880 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS
« Reply #10 on: May 20, 2008, 09:35:10 »
Well I think I got a climbdown.

I'd be pretty peeved if an editor changed my wording without my agreement.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: May 20, 2008, 09:38:16 »
... I'd be pretty peeved if an editor changed my wording without my agreement. ...

I wouldn't ... I'd just kill him  >:D >:(

Bogro
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: May 20, 2008, 09:56:11 »
It's great that PM is releasing commercial-quality games.  I guess the Playstation target platform also means no PC (personal computer) releases...

The screenshots suggest the game is a bit kiddy-ish (in contrast to Lego's excellent Star Wars computer game series). 

To Martin:
The Total War series is coming out with a Caribbean-themed addition in 2008/2009 that promises 3D ship-to-ship fighting (the current total war games handle ship-fighting abstractly).

As for edginess:
In about ten years, people are going to be so sick of contrived edginess that sober commentaries will come back into vogue.  Blog culture, like American talk radio, seems to obligate vindictive assaults on at least one topic per hour.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: UPDATE Re: Playmobil Pirates for Nintendo DS
« Reply #13 on: May 20, 2008, 20:18:30 »

Hello, Sylvia ...  :wave:

Lego is a fantastic toy. I have no argument with that at all. I have rarely heard Playmobil fans rubbishing the Lego product, so I don't know why Lego fans sometimes feel compelled to make these negative comments. All it does is show their ignorance. :(

Interesting that you would say that about Lego fans.

Before there was a Playmobil community, I visited the Lego newsgroups searching for Lego fans who might also be Playmobil fans. I was constantly flamed by abusive Lego fans. They used language that would have made a sailor's parrot blush ...  :-[

They seem to be a strange bunch.

All the best,
Richard

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: May 21, 2008, 03:40:52 »
Before there was a Playmobil community, I visited the Lego newsgroups searching for Lego fans who might also be Playmobil fans. I was constantly flamed by abusive Lego fans. They used language that would have made a sailor's parrot blush ...  :-[

I think Lego draws the Asperger's Syndrome, blunt-speaking engineering misfits whereas Playmobil draws the failed artists.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #15 on: May 21, 2008, 04:51:51 »

Hello, Timmy ...

I think Lego draws the Asperger's Syndrome, blunt-speaking engineering misfits whereas Playmobil draws the failed artists.

Had someone else written your comment, prior to my meeting you here at Playmofriends, Timmy, I might have pretty much agreed with it.

However, since I've been somewhat "enlightened' by your personal perception of others, I would probably have to add "failed philosophers" to your "failed artists" statement ... ;)

All the best,
Richard

===

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: May 21, 2008, 06:33:43 »
why "failed ..." ?

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #17 on: May 21, 2008, 07:05:30 »
Indeed why not aspiring?

I've seen a lot more artistic stuff done with Playmobil than some of the efforts that carry off the Turner prize annually.

I think Tim is in danger of being perceived as a "glass is half empty" kind of guy.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #18 on: May 21, 2008, 13:42:43 »

Hello, Bogro and Martin ...  :wave: ...  :wave:

why "failed ..." ?

Indeed why not aspiring?

I've seen a lot more artistic stuff done with Playmobil than some of the efforts that carry off the Turner prize annually.

I think Tim is in danger of being perceived as a "glass is half empty" kind of guy.

Perhaps we could look at Timmy in a positive way ... ;)

Not as a "pot stirrer," nor as an agitator, and certainly not as a "trouble maker" ...  ;D

Maybe he can be a bit of an "irritant" at times ... However, if we can think of ourselves as beautiful "oysters," then Timmy brings out the "pearl" in all of us ...  :klickygrin:

So, perhaps Timmy deserves our gratitude for making us think and reflect upon who and what we are.

All the best my friends,
Richard (the optimistic and artistic philosopher) ... :lol:

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: May 21, 2008, 14:16:06 »
I didn't meant to be a "Timmy-basher". It's just that I think that if someone thinks or feels he or she is a philosopher/ artist/ whatever; then that person can be just that. If someone's not the worlds best - who cares. We can't all be a Descartes/ Van Gogh/ Bruce Springsteen. But it's more a way of being then a question of how good one is...

But that's just my own 0.02 ...

Bogro