Author Topic: Talisman ... playmobilised  (Read 3499 times)

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Talisman ... playmobilised
« on: March 13, 2008, 09:59:52 »
Well, the `Band of skeletons` and the `Skeleton King` are some the first of the characters and cards that I´ve worked on .. but here are some of the other customs I need the change the game into a Playmobil version:

The card "Vampire" gave a lot of headache. Even though there is a very nice vampire in the specials theme - it just didn't fit in with the medieval feel of the game. I tried to remake him with some rags and such. But that didn't seem to work. The turn around came when I bought the king from the Knights Advent set. I bought it for all the gold bits for the Skeleton king ... but the left overs were ideal for the new vampire. So (trumpets please) here he is:
... and then dusk came and brought despair.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
Re: Talisman ... playmobilised
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2008, 10:01:03 »
The Character "The Dwarf" didn't work at all. Playmobil doesn't really produces dwarves. They're all gnomes or something like that. In the end I decided to go for something that has a Dwark-like feel. I came up with the Miner. Both work underground and both seem to have a love for picks. Besides, both are unaffected by the siren. The dwarf because he isn't human and the Miner can't hear her as he's too much underground. Or his ears are stuffed with grit. Something like that.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2008, 10:02:04 »
The devil himself makes a few appearances as well. For most of them ("Imp" - "Devil" ) the old special will do nicely. But for "Mephisto" I wanted something more seriously as the card can have a rather serious impact on a player. I made this custom of him ...

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: March 13, 2008, 10:03:42 »
And last but not least ... the Inquisitor. I kept him as close to the original image from the game as possible.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: March 13, 2008, 10:04:29 »
There are a number of others still in the line - such as the Amazon, Alchemist, Alchemy, Banshee, Healer, Hermit, Merchant and Pilgrim. A number of others will just be specials or other single klickies - Priest (or rather Nun', Monk, Prince, Princess / to name a few ...

Keep you posted!

Bogro

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #5 on: March 13, 2008, 14:28:26 »
I love the customs, but I'm slightly confused by the theme title - is this the same Talisman which was a board game released in the 80s by Games Workshop?

If so I'll need to whip out my copy to take a look at the original drawings. Great theme, and a whole swathe of characters to work on there! The weakness of that game was the rather boring way it ended. Most people preferred playing to finishing, so games went on for days...

I created a dwarf figure (intended to be Gimli from LOTR) by sawing the boots off a fat figure and replacing them with shoes. The slight loss of height leaves him taller than the child figures, but distinctly shorter than a normal klicky.

Offline CountBogro

• desperate poet
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: March 13, 2008, 18:53:02 »
That's indeed the game I am referring to; specifically the second edition. We never bothered to play to the end. We had a awefull lot of fun playing each other. Nearly allways someone was able to finish it rather quickly when we grew bored with it ... mostly around the 03:00 hours in the morning ;-)

I still think it's a great game although they probably never should have released the 3rd edition. I count myself lucky in having all the extensions and additions.

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #7 on: March 13, 2008, 21:12:43 »

Excellent customs, Bogro !

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #8 on: March 13, 2008, 21:42:57 »
Indeed, and an excellent game - I'm looking forward to your additions, there's a heck of a lot of different ones, even if you just stuck to the player characters.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2008, 16:49:26 »
I don't know the game, but the customs are excellent.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”