Author Topic: NEW POLICE AND LIVING HOUSE 2008 - UPDATE !!!  (Read 14260 times)

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
Re: NEW POLICE AND LIVING HOUSE 2008 - UPDATE !!!
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2008, 17:44:47 »
 :love:loved the new sea-plane.
there are also other possible "civil" convertions.
a canadair would be nice...

:)
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline Queen Candy

• Queen of the castle
  • Playmo Pal
« Reply #21 on: February 14, 2008, 13:57:33 »
Hi,  :wave:
I really like the new house.  :yup: :D
It's not fair, I really want it.  :'(
It won't be out here for another year.  :o
I also really like the new ponytail on the little girl figure.  :inlove:

Offline rufusxavier1977

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #22 on: February 16, 2008, 02:51:31 »
I really, really like the updates to the modern living furniture sets.  :love: I love all the additional items. For example, the old kids' room was just a bunk bed and a stool!  ??? The new one has more toys, a little desk, and storage bins, etc. All the things you would find in a messy kids' room. The new refrigerator is much better and now they actually get some counter space to prepare meals on! All the rooms seem to have great additions, while keeping the essential pieces that made up the rooms. I am very excited for these to come out.  :wow:

I like the house itself, too. But I also liked the old one. The sunroom is really cute. It's like the modern equivalent to the Victorian conservatory on the old houses.

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #23 on: March 21, 2008, 13:59:26 »
A little update to those who are interested in the new police line. Lately I have received the 2008 PLAYMOBIL catalogue (non-german) containing the novelties.
The interesting thing is to see how the police will look outside Germany (German speaking countries).

First of all the clear difference is that the sign on all the vehicles and the headquarter have been changed to "police" instead of "Polizei" - but that's normal  ;) Furthermore is one light on the patrol car changed to red. That was the part with the obvious things and now comes the "interesting" part.
If you take a look at set number 4264 and 4267 you will notice that one of the white persons in each set has been changed to a black person.
It was the same case with the old 3908 helicopter.

Here comes the picture of the two sets:

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #24 on: March 21, 2008, 16:11:54 »
Is this the catalogue for North America or for the UK as well?  I'd be sorry to see the new Playmobil police vehicles in the UK have the red and blue lights (as happened towards the end of the life of the 3904 international police car) as all emergency service vehicles here just have blue lights.  (In fact, the red and blue lights aren't even standard for the USA for police vehicles; it seems each state can chose its own pattern, both red, one red and one blue or both blue.)
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: March 21, 2008, 17:44:45 »
Good evening Playmofire,

This is the catalogue for Northern Europe (Denmark, Sweden, Norway, and Finland) but I am quite sure the flashing light will be the same in UK as well as in America (In the 2009 catalogue).
I had the same thought as you when I first time opened the catalogue - disappointing and not realistic to most European countries. I had hoped that PLAYMOBIL would stop producing blue/red flashing lights (which the invention team truck number 3166 also had in version 2) as they aren't realistic and no one in Europe uses them...

EDIT: Release of new police theme in UK and America made plain.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 18:51:18 by LHAAP »

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #26 on: March 21, 2008, 18:31:04 »
Lars' catalogue is not the same as the UK one, but unfortunately the UK 2008 catalogue also has the Red & Blue lights for the 3904 Police car & 3166 Police van. The Fire vehicles and Hospital vehicles still have blue/blue lights.

Luckily for me I got my Police car off eBay recently, and that has the Blue/Blue lights.

I have to admit this is a detail I would probably not notice unless I compared it with the real world vehicles, until you guys pointed it out.

As the UK is usually a year behind Europe for the new releases, we may be getting those sets here in 2009. The uniforms look much paler than the current ones.

I will have to get one of those motorbikes with the flashing blue light.

Offline LHAAP

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #27 on: March 21, 2008, 18:47:16 »
Hello Martin

You are totally right that my catalogue isn't identical to the UK 2008 catalogue (which has horse stables on the cover). I understood Playmofire's question as if the catalogue would look like that in 2009 in UK. Now that's clear! :)
« Last Edit: March 21, 2008, 18:53:06 by LHAAP »

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #28 on: March 21, 2008, 18:59:41 »
I can understand why Playmobil produce the red and blue light version but not why they apply it to countries who use only blue lights.  It's not as if it's a question of economies of scale as I'm sure that more Playmobil police cars are sold in European and other countries which use only blue lights than in North America where some police forces use red and blue lights.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #29 on: March 21, 2008, 19:52:32 »
Thanks for posting, LHAAP!  Those sets with the brown-skinned police officers have new numbers, which I've added in.  What are the numbers of the new van and motorcycle, and could I have a better picture of them? Is there a third new set as well, to fill out the 4259-4269 range? (Any other modified sets for the rest-of-world market in other themes?)

All the new police sets

As for blinking lights: I found mine were shamefully diversely named, so fixed that.  Here are all I could find, for your review.  If I missed any, shout 'em out.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!