Author Topic: Ice rescue  (Read 6175 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Ice rescue
« on: December 06, 2007, 21:14:56 »
Diane and I are off to Malta for three weeks, flying out on Saturday, so I thought I'd leave you with some seasonal photos from a display I did for a Ripon fire station open day in 2003.  The decision to go away was taken at short notice a few weeks ago.  Having the house up for sale has been wearing and we haven't had a break since October last year so we decided to book things quickly and go away over Christmas.

So here are the pics; I haven't bothered with any commentary or explanation as the pictures are self-explanatory.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline marco_snijder

• Playmo Pal
    • Sawyersplaymobil, the adventures of a little redcoat
Re: Ice rescue
« Reply #1 on: December 07, 2007, 07:07:18 »
Great Great, they really should watch out those kinds!!!

I wander what else you got there in your draw of "pictures I never posted but do have"!!!!

Scenery looks nice!

:wow:
Batten down the hatches! Weigh anchor and hoist the mizzen!
The adventures of a little redcoat...READ THE STORY!!

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #2 on: December 07, 2007, 09:44:45 »
I wander what else you got there in your draw of "pictures I never posted but do have"!!!!

Thank you, Marco.  And as for what else, for a start I have some more pictures from this diorama which I planned to post last night. However, the internet was so slow (European football the cause?) that I gave up trying to post and didn't even know that the four so far in this thread had been posted!  I'll post the rest today.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #3 on: December 07, 2007, 15:51:17 »

Hello, Gordon ...

... I have some more pictures from this diorama which I planned to post last night. <snip> I'll post the rest today.

Looking forward to seeing the rest of your pictures of this very fine diorama!

Also hope that you and Diane are going to take lots of pictures, of your trip to Malta, to share with us!

Thanks and all the best,
Richard

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #4 on: December 07, 2007, 19:36:42 »
Looking forward to seeing the rest of your pictures of this very fine diorama!

Also hope that you and Diane are going to take lots of pictures, of your trip to Malta, to share with us!

I can meet the first expectation, Richard, but maybe not the second.  We've been to Malta at least once a year every year since 1996 and so I don't do a lot of photography now.  However, we shall see.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #5 on: December 07, 2007, 19:42:49 »
More photos. :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #6 on: December 07, 2007, 19:46:10 »
And the last lot.

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #7 on: December 07, 2007, 19:48:50 »
That's the lot, although after Christmas when I'm back home, I'll post some photos showing how the diorama was made up.

Meanwhile, a joyous and blessed Christmas to everyone and a peaceful and contented 2008.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #8 on: December 07, 2007, 20:08:09 »
Great diorama, Gordon! :D

I really enjoyed looking at the photos. There's so much happening in each one and it all looks very true to life. 8-)

Are those children who are playing on the thin ice very naughty or just unable to read the signs? Tsk. Tsk. ;)

Have a fun holiday and a relaxing Christmas time in Malta!  :)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #9 on: December 07, 2007, 22:20:03 »
Great diorama, Gordon! :D

I really enjoyed looking at the photos. There's so much happening in each one and it all looks very true to life. 8-)

Are those children who are playing on the thin ice very naughty or just unable to read the signs? Tsk. Tsk. ;)

Have a fun holiday and a relaxing Christmas time in Malta!  :)

Ditto from me, Gordon !!!

Seasons greetings to you and your family,
Richard

:xholly: