Author Topic: NovaBombardment's Playmobil Photos  (Read 213 times)

Offline NovaBombardment

• Mii Enthusiast
  • Playmo Pal
  • Enjoy what you like.
NovaBombardment's Playmobil Photos
« on: September 09, 2024, 00:18:35 »
Hello! I was a little confused about the difference between the photos and storytelling boards, so I decided to just put my photos in here.

Photo #1:

The delinquent takes the woman's seat in the hammock, and antagonizes her by repeatedly stretching and saying how comfortable it is. As she angrily yells at him to move, the life guard she called over speaks patiently into the megaphone.

"If you don't get out of that hammock right now, you'll be in more trouble than you're already in".

The woman's son is also angry, and starts to throw water balloons at the delinquent. Another life guard grabs him by the arm and tells him to stop.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sets used

Photo #2: This is the Playmobil version of the classic anime gag. :)

The local ice cream truck that's been the town's sole ice cream vendor for years, has suddenly had a small stand set up next to them. As the owner and his assistant set up, the ice cream truck's customers all run over to the new stand. "What's going on?!" the truck's owner says as he looks out the window.

The smaller stand's owner waves at the truck owner, as his assistant hands the children their ice cream.

"Thank you!!" the boys say. "You're welcome!" the assistant replies!

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sets Used

I have loads more I plan to do, but time is always a factor. More to come!
« Last Edit: September 09, 2024, 02:25:15 by NovaBombardment »
I discovered Playmobil via the Wii game in 2023.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
Re: NovaBombardment's Playmobil Photos
« Reply #1 on: September 09, 2024, 07:19:56 »
Nice little scenes - and a very interesting presentation, with the sets used! :)

Thank you for sharing - and keep 'em coming! ;D

Offline NovaBombardment

• Mii Enthusiast
  • Playmo Pal
  • Enjoy what you like.
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2024, 18:42:01 »
Photo #3

The young girl has been enjoying multiple rounds of snacks at the beach's food cart, but unfortunately has made quite the mess. The environmentalist approaches and scolds the girl, informing her of the harm that litter can cause. Feeling ashamed, the young girl apologizes and starts to clean up. The environmentalist is grateful, and even feels a little guilty for being so harsh. She decides to help the girl clean up, which makes the girl happy.

The vendor watches in frustrated silence as his best customer has stopped spending money, but decides to keep quiet to avoid having to help.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Sets used

Offline Oliver

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2024, 09:28:59 »
I don't know why, but I have such a soft-spot for any Playmobil food-based set. Maybe it dates back to the lack of any cafe sets when I was a kid :lol: I've been pretty restrained, because they come so thick-and-fast now, but I couldn't resist that crepe stand, and I keep an eye out for a ice cream truck.

ANYWAY - very cute pictures :)

Offline NovaBombardment

• Mii Enthusiast
  • Playmo Pal
  • Enjoy what you like.
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2024, 18:20:40 »
Nice little scenes - and a very interesting presentation, with the sets used! :)

Thank you for sharing - and keep 'em coming! ;D

Thank you! I'm glad you like the set showcase aspect! Part of my inspiration comes from the idea that anyone can recreate these scenes straight out of the box. :) I usually don't swap klicky parts around either, but I did it for the ice cream photo since it just made sense. The messy hair made the truck owner look more stressed out, and it made sense for the slush stand owner and the assistant to have the same style hat.

I wish I could have hammered the joke in a bit better with the dialogue, but I was being careful not to step over any forum rules. In case it wasn't obvious, it's the classic anime gag where the less impressive store gets more traffic due to the pretty girl. :lol: Part of the inspiration was just to showcase how ridiculous that character's design is, as Playmobil occasionally gets a little over the top.

I don't know why, but I have such a soft-spot for any Playmobil food-based set. Maybe it dates back to the lack of any cafe sets when I was a kid :lol: I've been pretty restrained, because they come so thick-and-fast now, but I couldn't resist that crepe stand, and I keep an eye out for a ice cream truck.

ANYWAY - very cute pictures :)

Thank you! I couldn't resist that crepe cart either. It was one of the initial sets I bought when I first discovered Playmobil last year! One of the other sets I bought was a beach snack bar set, so I guess I like the food sets too. :) The ice cream truck I showed in the second picture was kind of expensive, but it's a nice set if you want an ice cream truck.