Author Topic: new sets for 2008 - april / july  (Read 21330 times)

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
Re: new sets for 2008 - april / july
« Reply #40 on: November 13, 2007, 18:01:08 »

I've got the new sets put in the database ...

You are INCREDIBLE, Heather! ...  :wow:

Offline cachalote

• x
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #41 on: November 13, 2007, 19:51:34 »
all thanks should be kept for klickywelt's daniel, the guy that actually first published all these images. :wow:
in the same forum someone pointed out a shape in new surprise playmobil action sets.
if i am not mistaken, the scale of the set is rather small and it contains a pirate (the circle points the shape of his head and hat, the new "open-tip" model).
but maybe i tend to see pirates everywhere and playmofire will see a firefighter...
???
    honni soit qui mal y pense

Offline arab warrior

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #42 on: November 14, 2007, 07:45:44 »
these sets are awesome!!!
Can the spermwhale be fitted with an underwater motor???? nahhh i guess it must be for the inflatable boat.

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #43 on: November 14, 2007, 08:34:28 »
It's amusing that they put a bride & groom in each of 4 different wedding theme sets, so if you buy all the sets in the series you get a quadruple wedding. At least the bride & groom figures are different each time.

I think it'd be better to just have the one small set with a bride & groom (4298) but replace them with the bride's parents (in 4297), the groom's best man & ushers (in 4307, tying cans on the car), bridesmaids (in 4296) or similar figures for the bigger sets.

Oh, and I'd missed the yellow 4479 deep diver - another one I'll have to send to my sea-roving brother-in-law. 

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #44 on: November 14, 2007, 09:17:55 »
I think it'd be better to just have the one small set with a bride & groom (4298) but replace them with the bride's parents (in 4297), the groom's best man & ushers (in 4307, tying cans on the car), bridesmaids (in 4296) or similar figures for the bigger sets.

Your idea would definitely work better for those collectors who plan to buy all of the sets.

It does seem a little odd to have so many different wedding couples, but I guess it's so that kids can hold more than one wedding in their church. They would get bored marrying the same couple over and over. ;)

I also thought the bride in the car set looked slightly more casual, almost as though she had changed into her post-wedding reception outfit, ready for the honeymoon. It's nice that they have created a few different styles of wedding attire, in any case. The floral headpiece is so pretty! :love:

I really hope that Playmobil will expand on this theme rather than discontinue it after a short time.

I can see the potential for a beautiful christening set - mum, dad, baby, priest and a font. :D

And what about a funeral set... hearse, coffin, mourners, etc? ;D Yeah.. dream on, Sylvia.  :lol:

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #45 on: November 14, 2007, 11:54:18 »
It's amusing that they put a bride & groom in each of 4 different wedding theme sets, so if you buy all the sets in the series you get a quadruple wedding. At least the bride & groom figures are different each time.

Oh, and I'd missed the yellow 4479 deep diver - another one I'll have to send to my sea-roving brother-in-law. 

Now if the brides were all different, but the groom the same in each set, that would be amusing!

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #46 on: November 14, 2007, 13:39:07 »

Hello, Sylvia ...  :wave:

And what about a funeral set... hearse, coffin, mourners, etc? ;D Yeah.. dream on, Sylvia.  :lol:

How macabre ...  :hmm:

Why not a funeral home complete with undertakers and a morgue? And, how about a cold table where we could embalm our little klickies before we cremate them in our Playmobil oven?  8}

Sounds like great fun, Sylvia ...  ::)

You're correct, Sylvia, Playmobil should "expand" this theme ...  ;D

All the best,
Richard

Offline Richard

• Retired Playmobil
  • Wargamer
  • Playmo Master
    • Garden Wargaming
« Reply #47 on: November 14, 2007, 13:40:25 »

Now if the brides were all different, but the groom the same in each set, that would be amusing!

Dream on, Timmy ...  :P

Offline Tim_w

• This and That
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #48 on: November 14, 2007, 19:07:08 »

Hello, Sylvia ...  :wave:

How macabre ...  :hmm:

Why not a funeral home complete with undertakers and a morgue? And, how about a cold table where we could embalm our little klickies before we cremate them in our Playmobil oven?  8}

I am half way there but thats just me, each to their own at the end of the day :) They fit in with my chosen themes so they get a place in my collection like everything else ;) I really cant wait to get hold of the Vicar, he will be quite usefull indeed :evilplan:.

Tim  :wave:
« Last Edit: November 14, 2007, 20:12:41 by Tim_w »

(28/5/03/850)

Offline Timotheos

• Visitor
  • Playmo Addict
« Reply #49 on: November 14, 2007, 23:46:25 »

Sylvia wrote that???   :o :o :o