Author Topic: Playmobil explores takeover of Schleich  (Read 2421 times)

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
Playmobil explores takeover of Schleich
« on: February 16, 2022, 16:03:33 »

Playmobil explores takeover of Schleich
02/16/2022 at 12:07

According to a report in "Manager Magazin", the German toy company Playmobil is toying with the idea of ​​taking over its competitor Schleich. The company is exploring whether and on what terms the manufacturer of plastic animals would be available, reported "Manager Magazin" on Wednesday, citing insiders. The talks are therefore at an early stage.

Schleich belongs to the Swiss financial investor Partners Group, which bought the company in 2019 for around 400 million euros from the private equity company Ardian. According to the report, Playmobil was already interested in Schleich at the time, but lost the bidding duel.

According to "Manager Magazin", Playmobil has founded an investment company called AKOH-Holding, which has assets of over one billion euros, for possible acquisitions. According to the report, the company in Zirndorf near Nuremberg suffered a massive drop in sales last year. The magazine quoted market researchers as saying that sales in core markets such as Germany or France had fallen by more than ten percent in some cases. According to the last available consolidated financial statements, the turnover of the parent company, Horst Brandstätter Holding, fell by 4.5 percent to 687 million euros in the fiscal year to the end of March 2020. Earnings before interest and taxes (EBIT) collapsed by 30.3 percent to 65.6 million euros.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
Re: Playmobil explores takeover of Schleich
« Reply #1 on: February 16, 2022, 18:07:39 »
That's really interesting, would covid be the reason for the drop in sales?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: February 16, 2022, 18:45:45 »
That's really interesting, would covid be the reason for the drop in sales?

No. Lego increased. But they like money. :(

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: February 16, 2022, 21:35:04 »
No. Lego increased. But they like money. :(

Liking money is not always a good thing, usually you have to sell your soul to gods wicked creation. I prefer a wholesome company with standards

If Geobra bought the brand I’m wondering what they would do with it? I wouldn’t want to see their attention split . I guess $700,000,000.00 in sales is still not enough
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2022, 21:44:25 »
Liking money is not always a good thing, usually you have to sell your soul to gods wicked creation. I prefer a wholesome company with standards

Considering playmobil's path.... well... :(

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2022, 05:31:18 »
I think Playmobil should focus on Playmobil first. Surely it's a bad idea to acquire another company while facing falling sales.

I wonder if they would keep Schleich as Schleich, or throw it down a well.

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2022, 05:58:55 »
Maybe we'll see playmobil smurfs in future.

Offline JLMatterer

• Playmo Master
  • Playmobil in the News
    • Plamobil In The News
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2022, 15:26:09 »
Maybe we'll see playmobil smurfs in future.

Offline Heronimus

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #8 on: February 18, 2022, 07:25:47 »
I have to say animals by Playmobil are good enough, with their own distinct characteristics. Hope the deal does not divert the resources and innovation from Playmobil!

Offline collectobart

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: February 18, 2022, 22:04:40 »
I think Playmobil should focus on Playmobil first. Surely it's a bad idea to acquire another company while facing falling sales.

Horst Brandstaetter is turning around in his grave.