Author Topic: English Morris Dancer  (Read 4867 times)

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
Re: English Morris Dancer
« Reply #10 on: August 29, 2007, 07:27:36 »
Very original idea for a custom! :D

He's a bit like your "mini me" then, I suppose? ;)

You've done a top job of representing your team's costume in klicky form.
Will you be taking him along to any performances? :)

I probably will take him along, or one of his brothers when I've made them up.  ;D

Our team's kit does not actually include a top hat but a battered straw hat like this one:

The reason the hats are battered is because they usually get rained on several times a year, and mine is carried around in a bag when not being worn (or I get some odd looks on the bus). Plus with all the flowers and badges attached, the thing weighs quite a bit!

The top hat for Klicky had the advantage that I could easily attach Playmobil flowers to it. If anyone can give me the part number for the battered hat, I might get eight to make a team's worth. I'll put this application in the correct forum as well.

Offline Sylvia

• Administrator
  • Playmo Master
    • Just For Kl!cks
« Reply #11 on: August 29, 2007, 07:43:42 »
If anyone can give me the part number for the battered hat, I might get eight to make a team's worth.

I think you'll find it on this page:
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/showpart.pl?partnum=30-20-9690

It's described there as being white, but looks like more of a creamy colour in the set pic.
I hope it is still available from the DS, as it looks like a very good match for your real hat. :crossed:

Offline Martin Milner

• Eugene, Oregon, USA
  • Playmo Master
    • An Englishman in Eugene
« Reply #12 on: August 29, 2007, 09:46:43 »
Thanks Sylvia for the super fast response!

Looks like I will be putting in an order for spare parts when I get my act together!

I've actually got 5 acceptable hats now (2 like this one and 3 other less battered straw coloured hats), plus some white bodies & arms arriving off eBay, so the team is starting to shape up nicely, no matter what hats & trousers I put them in.

Offline polylerus

• Playmo Pal
    • Capuchin Films
« Reply #13 on: August 30, 2007, 00:15:17 »
I love it!  How interesting! 

Offline Dan

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #14 on: October 06, 2007, 20:36:20 »
As a former frequenter of folk clubs I can think of nothing worse than being stuck in a pub with a politician.

Love the figure though - very unusual!