Author Topic: How To Train Your Dragon Coming Soon  (Read 9927 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: How To Train Your Dragon Coming Soon
« Reply #50 on: October 01, 2016, 13:49:09 »
Wow, I was not expecting this. I agree with many of you about the whole licensing thing... but this is definitely way better than a Ghostbusters theme. I really enjoy the How to Train Your Dragon films and show, so, admittedly, I am excited for this as well.

Wasn't the series cancelled though?

It's 2 movies plus the series, right? (4 seasons)

Maybe I should have another go at it...

Yes, there are two movies. The first one was released in 2010, and the second one was released in 2014. The third one, as mentioned by others, is currently scheduled to be released in 2018.

The show has four seasons, and I haven't read anywhere that it's been cancelled. Unfortunately, similarly to Super 4, since it's been on Netflix from the third season on, there aren't any DVD releases of the show available after the second season. Netflix splits up their seasons into halves and for some reason calls them different seasons; there have actually been three full seasons and half of the fourth season released so far, but Netflix considers their three half seasons to be season 3, 4, and 5. I don't think that the show is as good as the films - due to lower quality animation and storylines that are less focused on character development - but it is still very enjoyable.

Another interesting thing to note is the age of the characters in the films and show. In the first film, the main characters are about 15 years old. In the second film, five years have passed, and the main characters are about 20 years old. In the show, which entirely (so far) takes place between the first and second films, the characters are at ages between 15 and 20 years old. The reason I mentioned this is that I am hoping the figures and parts will fit in with the existing Playmobil figures. They shouldn't be child figures, and hopefully they won't be Super 4 teenage style figures either, at least if the sets are designed with the second or third movie in mind.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2016, 13:55:04 by Pynedor »
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #51 on: October 02, 2016, 08:05:06 »
I've been wondering about the body types as well. I don't think they will do children klickies, but I wouldn't be surprised if they use the Super 4 bodies. I hope they are just normal klickies (though I suppose for my purposes, it won't matter too much because the young one has not yet discovered that klickies can be disassembled :lol:).

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #52 on: October 02, 2016, 13:52:28 »
I'm guessing they will probably be super 4 sized for a few reasons... The main characters are clearly smaller than the other "adults" in the movie, and the super 4 style figures are made in the German factory instead of the Malta factory.
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #53 on: October 02, 2016, 14:11:22 »
The show has four seasons, and I haven't read anywhere that it's been cancelled. Unfortunately, similarly to Super 4, since it's been on Netflix from the third season on, there aren't any DVD releases of the show available after the second season. Netflix splits up their seasons into halves and for some reason calls them different seasons; there have actually been three full seasons and half of the fourth season released so far, but Netflix considers their three half seasons to be season 3, 4, and 5. I don't think that the show is as good as the films - due to lower quality animation and storylines that are less focused on character development - but it is still very enjoyable.

What a mess. I saw it as off in epguides.. but now it's not. Either it was corrected or I made a mistake  :-[

I'm guessing they will probably be super 4 sized for a few reasons... The main characters are clearly smaller than the other "adults" in the movie, and the super 4 style figures are made in the German factory instead of the Malta factory.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OO.

Well, let's hope for plenty of "normal" bodied vikings. And while I'm at it, in nice dull colors.  :P

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #54 on: October 02, 2016, 17:31:24 »
the super 4 style figures are made in the German factory instead of the Malta factory.

I am sure that is true of the slimline figures, but a lot of the regular Super4 figures showed up in Maltese eBay sellers listings.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #55 on: October 02, 2016, 20:29:01 »
I wouldn't be surprised if they were made in the Super 4 style; it might almost match the animated characters better in this case. I just hope that they won't be. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #56 on: October 02, 2016, 22:27:14 »
slimline figures

Swimsuit-figures in the regular line and slimsuit-figures in the Super-4 line  ;)

Btw, it is really about time for today´s realworld "skinny slim fashion like back in 80s" to come to an end, imho.  ;D
Not a bad word about a fitting shirt, sweater or jacket, but those freaking superslim trousers... ::)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #57 on: October 02, 2016, 22:43:04 »
i fail to see how playmobil is that much better than lego

But Playmobil LOOKS much better then Lego  ;)
(with the posssible exception of some big/huge Lego-creations, of which the scale annihilates the bricklike-appearances)

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #58 on: October 03, 2016, 06:03:35 »
Well, let's hope for plenty of "normal" bodied vikings. And while I'm at it, in nice dull colors.  :P

No one wears pink in the movies, so there's hope for lots of brown. It would be nice if they'd make some normal bodied Viking women (if they end up doing the main characters in slim bodies) since we already have Viking men.

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #59 on: October 03, 2016, 07:42:51 »
It would be nice if they'd make some normal bodied Viking women (if they end up doing the main characters in slim bodies) since we already have Viking men.

Yeah, purple, pink, blue.....

I say ANY normal parts in nice colors will do! Even speedos would do.

Those others... meh.