Author Topic: How To Train Your Dragon Coming Soon  (Read 9961 times)

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
Re: How To Train Your Dragon Coming Soon
« Reply #10 on: September 19, 2016, 22:15:32 »
Maybe it will balance the overabundance of unicorns?

I do think it is a better fit since it fits nicely into an existing theme world - Vikings.

Exactly! It could bring the Viking line back into the mainstream, there are a ton of nice sets in the Viking line.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Klickteryx

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: September 19, 2016, 22:40:20 »
Do Vikings appear much in Europe in pop culture?

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #12 on: September 20, 2016, 08:23:46 »
Is it only me, or is anyone else feeling a bit insulted that this news was not shared on PCC before (or even at the same time as) Facebook? But I am not a fan of Facebook, so I will not be looking there for further revelations...
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2016, 09:49:18 »
Is it only me, or is anyone else feeling a bit insulted that this news was not shared on PCC before (or even at the same time as) Facebook? But I am not a fan of Facebook, so I will not be looking there for further revelations...

Always. It totally boggles mind. WHY drive traffic to a 3rd party site?

And I STILL can't access the pcc  :'(

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2016, 11:21:23 »

Yes, I thought it odd and disappointing at the same time. But then I understand with the fact that some idiots spoil it by spreading the news. At least a simultaneous release with the PCC, I feel like we deserve that much.
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline bogol

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • FOCKENBERGH AERKOSMO
    • @mplified ideas
« Reply #15 on: September 20, 2016, 13:17:18 »
I complained at PCC and received the following answer:

"Hi bogol - this information was posted on all our channels, including the PCC at the very same time (September 19, 1:00  pm). All press and communication releases are timed in line with our licensing contract, so in this instance a preview is not possible."

Although I am sure I haven't seen the Dragon information on PCC after it was already public on FB, I believe them. Maybe a technical problem (tahra can't even access the website)?

Offline Redmao

• Playmo Lover
  • Playmo adventurer
« Reply #16 on: September 20, 2016, 15:36:53 »
These will fit quite nicely with the Knights, Vikings and other "historical" themes.
I could even picture Hiccup and the gang traveling to the world of ancient Egypt or Rome. :)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #17 on: September 20, 2016, 16:45:38 »
I complained at PCC and received the following answer:

"Hi bogol - this information was posted on all our channels, including the PCC at the very same time (September 19, 1:00  pm). All press and communication releases are timed in line with our licensing contract, so in this instance a preview is not possible."

Although I am sure I haven't seen the Dragon information on PCC after it was already public on FB, I believe them. Maybe a technical problem (tahra can't even access the website)?

Thanks for that bogol. I probably could have seen it on PCC at the same time as it was released on FB, but the PCC site isn't one I visit very often because its so...... well, you know (mutter, mutter)....
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: September 20, 2016, 17:30:34 »
It was on the public front page of the PCC site yesterday. If you are going into the members only section directly you may have missed it. If you go to PCC.pm it's right there as the featured blog post.

Offline bogol

• Playmo Enthusiast
  • FOCKENBERGH AERKOSMO
    • @mplified ideas
« Reply #19 on: September 20, 2016, 20:02:12 »
Hi Tim! Thank you for this information, this solves the puzzle. I always go to the members section directly. Funny to learn that the important news are right there in the public part. :)