Author Topic: 6888 - Campsite with Campfire  (Read 2064 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
6888 - Campsite with Campfire
« on: July 11, 2016, 12:58:32 »
I have been in two minds about this campsite ever since it came out.  On the one hand, I really wanted the tents and the woman klicky; but on the other hand, I thought that €30 was too much for two tents and one klicky.  I did not like the campfire.

But then I had a birthday.  And I believe that Birthday Money is for things that I would not usually buy.  And so I bought this. 

And I love the campfire!!

I haven't got any batteries for it yet, so I haven't yet seen it lit up.  But I like it just the way it is, anyway.  It's so much nicer than I thought.

Out of the other accessories, I'm really pleased with a new map, and the red torch, and more sausages on sticks.  Oh, and the very dark grey storage boxes (which are on the log, in the photo below); they have 'Camp' stickers to apply to the side, though I didn't put mine on, because I want to use them for non-camping scenes.

And there are sleeping bags too, and two more of my favourite style of children's rucksacks.

I knew that I wanted the woman klicky, but the children are very nice also.  The girl has freckles, and I love the boy's jeans with his bare feet.  Talking of bare feet, though, no sandals are included in this set - which might be disappointing for a child who wants the kids to be able to do things where footwear is conventionally worn.

One thing is a little puzzling to me, though.  I understand why there is an axe included; it's to chop the wood needed for the campfire.  But why is there a knife??  It made me think of the pleasant scene turning into a Campsite Horror movie...

I've taken the knife away now.  All is well.

And if I'd known how much I would like this set, I would have bought it ages ago!
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
Re: 6888 - Campsite with Campfire
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2016, 17:41:18 »
That's great that you are happy with the set. It's always nice to be surprised by how good something is rather than disappointed when an anticipated thing falls short.

What do you think of the tent construction? Are there too many small parts for what you get, or is it not too bad?

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2016, 19:08:56 »
Thank you for the great pics.

I really like the campfire too... but I wish it wasn't a(nother) blinky-winky...

The boy's torso is really cute!

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #3 on: July 12, 2016, 05:23:49 »
I like all the little parts that come with it. It feels "complete".

If the campfire is like the one in 5104 then the lighting sequence is really cool. I won't spoil it for you!

A knife is a basic tool one carries into the wilderness. You frequently need to cut or carve things: small branches, ropes, bags, foodstuffs, and so on. So it fits in.

"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: July 12, 2016, 12:03:32 »
^ Shows how little I've been camping!

Quote from: Tiermann
What do you think of the tent construction? Are there too many small parts for what you get, or is it not too bad?

I'd previously bought a 5438 Motocyclist with Tent, which has the same design of tent, so I knew what to expect.  There are 7 poles to attach to each other for each tent, but it is fairly straightforward, and the tent canvas is easy to attach.  It is a pity that there is no tent door to open, though; and so to put a person in the tent, one has to lift the whole tent up, and then slide the klicky underneath.  Feels a bit like trapping spiders, or something.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2016, 19:08:12 »
Excellent! Thanks for the review: I was in a toystore today and bought this set too  ;D