Author Topic: 6358 - Music Room  (Read 2999 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
6358 - Music Room
« on: January 29, 2016, 12:32:19 »
This is a Direct Service set which I wanted for the piano and the saxophone. 

The African Warriors, crocodiles, or anything else lurking in the background, unfortunately do not come free with every Music Room set - I simply couldn't wait to clear the table before opening the Music Room bag.

I thought I'd make a little review of the set, so I took the above photograph.  Though I guessed there wasn't much to say.  I thought that I'd mention that the piano plays tinkling suitable-for-weddings music with the addition of batteries (not included, of course).  And maybe mention that the instrument stand only seems to support the saxophone.  Oh, and I could also add that I liked the double bass.

I thought it would be nice to have another photo to go with my remarks.  So I began gathering some handy klickies to make up the music group.

The saxophonist klicky had a problem, however.  I couldn't find a way to make the make the saxaphone reach her mouth.

Oh well, she could play the piano instead, I supposed.

Another problem.  Her feet won't fit under the piano!

OK, so maybe she should instead use the green chair that also comes with this set.

That didn't work either.  And it looks like the klicky has now thrown away her music and slammed the piano shut in despair.

I decided to fetch her a children's chair.  And that works a bit better, but it's not really satisfactory - she's still hanging off the front of the chair.  Which is obviously too small for her, anyway.

Any children present who would like to play the piano?

There was a willing volunteer, but he can't get his legs under the piano either!

OK, abandon all chairs.  It's perfectly fine to stand up to play the grand piano.

Over lunch, I mentioned to Mr Raven that it was strange that there was no stick to hold the open piano lid.  There seemed to be an indentation in the lid for a stick, so why wasn't one included?

He investigated the piano.  And there is indeed a stick - it is part of the internals of the piano, and just needs pulling up into position.

At least that will stop the pianist slamming the lid shut again if or when her legs get tired.   ;D

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 6358 - Music Room
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 13:21:27 »
But where are the  pictures?
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2016, 13:55:04 »
Photobucket (where they are hosted) is currently down for maintenance.

They will be back up later.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2016, 14:10:22 »
Photobucket (where they are hosted) is currently down for maintenance.

They will be back up later.

Thank you.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2016, 14:35:53 »
Thanks for the (funny as always ;D) review!

I don't think we really messed with the white piano. Thanks for the tip on the stick!

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2016, 14:44:51 »
Lovely review with a nice background  ;D

I do believe there are ways to make the piano and the saxophone fit for a clicky. I'll make some pictures when I get a chance.

Edit: found an old picture that shows how the piano can work with a sitting clicky :)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2016, 14:48:11 »
I do believe there are ways to make the piano and the saxophone fit for a clicky. I'll make some pictures when I get a chance.

Well, the sax, yes:  4508 sax player
Not exactly in place, but it's the way to go ;)

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2016, 14:49:30 »
Well, the sax, yes:  4508 sax player
Not exactly in place, but it's the way to go ;)

Indeed! Push both arms up a bit and the mouth piece is in place  :)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2016, 15:25:01 »
Thank you for a very clever and amusing review.   :wave:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #9 on: January 29, 2016, 15:25:44 »
Very funny review! :lol: I do believe they are meant to sit the way Birdie shows at the piano, so their feet can reach the pedals.
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.