Author Topic: Ordering Rembrandts  (Read 2218 times)

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
Ordering Rembrandts
« on: February 14, 2015, 17:23:59 »
Hi, just went to the link of the museum, in the gift shop where they show these for sale.  The price for them is fairly decent, particularly with the exchange rate now, but shipping is awful. It would cost more to send 4 to the US than what they cost to buy them. And it appears that they don't deduct the VAT.

Offline Marco_4124

• Playmo Addict
  • Playmo Flagmaster
Re: Ordering Rembrandts
« Reply #1 on: February 15, 2015, 09:58:40 »

The person on the left in the black clothes is Frans Banning Cocq. He was the captain of the night watch in Amsterdam. As such, he was painted by Rembrandt in 1658.
The house where he lived is still in Amsterdam. It is at the Singel 142.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: February 15, 2015, 15:49:46 »
Shipping for me was 10 euros per case, not bad in my opinion. It could be better but Amsterdam is pretty far from California so I ponied up.   1 euro per set I think is decent.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: February 15, 2015, 18:52:33 »
I wouldn't mind that price. Maybe the more to buy the better.  I'll check again.

Offline Jay

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #4 on: February 16, 2015, 04:05:01 »
I tried again and I don't know why but the shipping price dropped considerably.  About a fourth of my first quote, so that's doable. 

Offline Macruran

• desperate but not serious
  • Playmo Master
  • Hiya!
    • my incomplete collection spreadsheet
« Reply #5 on: February 17, 2015, 04:19:20 »
There was a large difference between Priority and Registered shipping. That could be it.

I just ordered two! Why does this make me so happy.
"We like things in little." - G. Stein  
 :roman:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #6 on: February 17, 2015, 07:15:58 »
I think there is some mess up with the shipping not being updated when we change quantities SOMETIMES...

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: February 17, 2015, 15:42:08 »
I think there is some mess up with the shipping not being updated when we change quantities SOMETIMES...

Yeah, it seems that their shipping-calculator has some bugs. After choosing quantity, destination and shipping-method, changing your mind and increasing the amount of items in the shopping-basket sometimes results in lower shipping... 

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline baboune

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2015, 01:36:29 »
I just love these historic sets that commemorates art like this......Fun way to combine our passion with a bit of historic culture.... why not learn a thing or two while having fun with our toys!...

I've just placed an order directly on the museum website for a few of these and also some of "The milkmaid" from Johan Vermeer..... The milkmaid set goes so well with medieval or victorian sets & houses....

Can't wait to get these!

Uncle-Dan  :wave:

Offline baboune

• Playmo Enthusiast
« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2015, 01:39:02 »
Just to add some cultural info... here is the original painting by Rembrandt....