Author Topic: 5616 Forest Fire Red Truck  (Read 2068 times)

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
5616 Forest Fire Red Truck
« on: September 08, 2014, 03:49:43 »
So I was at TRU the other day and had many reward coupons to use up. I bought this set and the new high speed police car. I am pretty sure this is a US exclusive but those still seem to show up in Europe later.

Box Front

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
Re: 5616 Forest Fire Red Truck
« Reply #1 on: September 08, 2014, 03:52:38 »
This set was $20 to $30 now I can not even remember, senior moment

Box Back

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2014, 03:56:16 »
Pretty standard box contents. A few bags to keep parts separate and the truck loose. Nothing bashed up and plenty of air space to keep the klickes who may suffer from claustrophobia  comfortable

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #3 on: September 08, 2014, 03:58:54 »
bags opened and plenty of parts to assemble. Took only a few minutes. The larger tires were much easier than the low-profile sports car ones. A few stickers, lights, license plate type of ones and simple parts to snap on.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #4 on: September 08, 2014, 04:01:57 »
one nice feature of this truck is the differential parts made out of separate black plasic. It looks nice to the eye and allows for the larger tires to fit. Looks much better than when they make this on the same mold as the truck. This part actually replaces the rectangle holding clip for the standard metal axil tires. Will have to experiment on what else it will fit.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 08, 2014, 04:03:24 »
Here they are in their new ride. A few tools for the guys who are in their nice yellow outfits. Have to compare how they look next to the older yellow suited fire crew.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 08, 2014, 04:04:34 »
The crew with the shaky camera  :-[

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #7 on: September 08, 2014, 04:07:07 »
one thing I do not like is how the tree looks from the back. It make it look like a movie prop. A tree does not indent on the back side and most of, if not all of playmobil trees do not do this. Why does Geobra insist on making the brand a movie prop scene with the buildings and now trees? lame

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 08, 2014, 04:08:32 »
This truck is based on the older version but with a few changes. It must be a new mold. Overall a nice set that will be welcomed in our fire team.

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #9 on: September 08, 2014, 06:31:07 »
Thank you for the review! There are plenty of US exclusives that look very interesting lately.

That tree is really lame, indeed. I mean it looks great from the front, but...