Author Topic: 5578 - Fitness Room  (Read 2976 times)

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
5578 - Fitness Room
« on: September 05, 2014, 14:51:01 »
I wanted this set primarily for the exercise bike/home trainer, and I am happy with it. 

I felt nervous putting it together, though.  The white 'body' of the bike is hard plastic which feels quite brittle - it might not be brittle at all, but it felt like that to me - and the handlebars took a bit of force to get into the slot.  I twisted them in, and it didn't take very long; but I would be reluctant to let an impatient child do it - it might be safer for an adult to assemble the bike for them.

I'm not familiar with the upper body exerciser (at least, that's what I guess it is), but the klicky looks as if she is really exercising with it, so I think it will be good for a workout scene.

I'm not quite sure what the grey and yellow stick is used for.

I was calling it a 'twizzle stick' before the set arrived, but the box picture shows the klicky exercising something like this:

The mystery stick is made of quite a flexible plastic, so I think that care will be needed in storage, so that it doesn't become a bent mystery stick!

I was looking forward to receiving the dumbbells with this set.  Indeed, I was waiting for them to arrive to complete a scene which I have been building.  But I didn't notice that I'd dropped one of them on the floor while I was assembling the exercise bike.  Nor did I notice that one of my dogs (who never touches Playmobil!) was happily chewing it.

I really like the black sports bag that comes with the set.

And it opens at one end, with enough space inside to fit one dumbbell.  That's OK: because the klicky doesn't want to take the chewed one home, anyway.

She would also like to point out that the stand also has a proper fitting for only one dumbbell.

Seriously, though, I like this stand.  I'm sure it will have many alternative uses.

There are also weighing scales in the set, but they come with stickers, and I don't have good enough vision to even attempt stickers, so the scales must wait until Mr Raven is back home to see to them.

Finally: the klicky has a short high ponytail.

Plus a long ponytail which fixes snugly and securely over the top.  It's very nice - I like this hair very much.

All in all: a set which I am pleased with.  Oh, and yes ... I've forgiven the dog.

Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: 5578 - Fitness Room
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2014, 15:33:19 »
Thanks for a great review, Raven, of a very interesting set.  This is the sort of unusual set which makes Playmobil standout in the world of toys.  One for my list next year, I think.

I imagine that in real life the upper body exerciser would work on an elastic principle with the handles being strong elastic or rubber which are pulled to exercise the upper body.  Maybe, too, in real life the user would step on and off the stand in doing this.  This would give more stretching and also offer cardio vascular exercise and exercise the leg and thigh muscles.

The "twizzle stick" may well be meant for us in body stretching and twisting exercises.  In Pilates I use a cardboard tube held out at arms' length and should height when doing body twists to the right and left and also for arms-above-head and bed and touch the toes.

All the items look to be for light exercise/body toning.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline Birdie

• Playmo Master
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2014, 15:46:42 »
I loved the review!  :)

I've resisted this set for now, because I only want the home trainer bike. Although...  ;D

How unfortunate that one of the weights met your hungry (or curious?) dog.  :-\

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2014, 15:59:04 »
Thanks for the review!  :)

I'm wanting this set mainly for the bike, and it looks very nice!

I wished they'd made a treadmill as well. And a water bottle would've been a nice addition, and that could've fit in the bag nicely!

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #4 on: September 05, 2014, 16:13:06 »
Thanks for the review - it's on my wish list as well...

Can you post a pic of the back of the klicky? Loads of potential there, me thinks.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #5 on: September 05, 2014, 17:28:55 »
Thanks for the review.

I wished they'd made a treadmill as well.

Agreed, but maybe if this set sells well we could end up with one with a Special Plus figure

Thanks for the review Raven. I like that Klicky and her hair
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #6 on: September 05, 2014, 17:50:30 »
Great review. This set does look cool, and that's cool that it comes with two hair pieces also.

How do you equip those white arm bracers?
~Pynedor~

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #7 on: September 05, 2014, 17:59:52 »
^ They are stretchy and very easy to slip on over the hands - easier than the longer leg (support) bandages that come with some horses, and much easier than the small (wound) bandages from the vet sets.
Have a good time, make life cheerful and bright, dance if you want to, sing if you can, play as long as you live and leave the world with a smile - Lemuel K. Washburn

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #8 on: September 05, 2014, 18:04:53 »
^ They are stretchy and very easy to slip on over the hands - easier than the longer leg (support) bandages that come with some horses, and much easier than the small (wound) bandages from the vet sets.

Oh, I see. Thanks. :)
~Pynedor~

Offline Raven

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #9 on: September 05, 2014, 20:08:05 »
And playmofire, thank you for explaining about the exercise equipment. It's good to know how it is used.

Quote from: tahra
Can you post a pic of the back of the klicky? Loads of potential there, me thinks.

Sure: I can do that tomorrow.  I'll take the klicky somewhere else to take the photo - I had a lot of trouble with the photos on the (usual) dining table, because it is so blocked from light with buildings at the moment.   :)