Author Topic: All the Specials, 4501-4698, 4740-4757, 4900, 4902  (Read 4580 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: All the Specials, 4501-4698, 4740-4757, 4900, 4902
« Reply #10 on: July 23, 2014, 09:25:02 »
Thanks, Tonguello, especially for such a quick response to my questions! I will add the information into the inventories.

And thanks for the appreciative comments, everyone.

(do you happen to know the part number for the African special 7459's white belt?)

Sorry, cheng, the only part numbers I can find are these two, for black "belt, tied loosely".
http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/textsearch.pl?sortby=partnum&page=1&text=belt%5C%2C+tied+loosely&pics=on

I had to invent part numbers for quite a few parts (e.g. p4521c) and obviously these won't be recognised by DS. If only Geobra were more generous with their part numbers, we wouldn't be forced to hunt around for them, scraping websites, buying parts to find out what they look like, enlarging photos of DS storage bins, scrutinising DS invoices to find ETNs of parts sent in error, etc, etc. Although, to be fair, Geobra are generous in providing PDFs of building instructions on their website and this is a good source of part numbers, though not numbers for sub-parts of klickies, like that belt!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: July 23, 2014, 15:14:16 »
 :wow: Wow, Graham - what a fantastic project!  I may be able to answer a few of your questions as I do have a bunch of MIB specials and pals - as soon as I find the right box in my attic  8}  I will let you know if I have any pertinent info. 

I wasn't able to download any of your lists, though.  I kept getting the error message "HTTP 404 Not Found." Is it just me? 
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Salamander

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: July 23, 2014, 15:55:29 »
Not just you, when I tried yesterday none of the links worked for me.

Great project with lots of really useful and interesting info! Thanks! :)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #13 on: July 23, 2014, 16:11:20 »
BIG applause for Graham! Instead of just putting up with PlaymoDB's failings, he's seeing where the gaps are and filling them in with projects of his own within his own capabilities. (Also see the <a href="http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=10517.msg194849#msg194849" rel="nofollow">Visual guide to hair types</a> for another example.) BRAVO! Graham, you need your own website.

There's GOT to be a way to incorporate all this into PlaymoDB without a lot of labour. I'll be looking through all this carefully as time allows, and I'm sure Graham and I will be talking!

One more useful resource at PlaymoDB: Klickies by Theme. Klickies that are part of Specials are here: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/klicky_theme.pl?theme=Special. (Special Plus sets are included. Mystery figures are not: they're here, up to series 5: http://playmodb.org/cgi-bin/klicky_theme.pl?theme=Fi%3Fures .) There are quite a lot of "numbered" klickies - some sourced from detective work, but many are from the official site. I know there are duplicates here: that's what happens when I create a temporary number for a part and then find out the real number later! Right now merging two existing parts is tricky and time-consuming, but a utility for that is underway, which will reduce the current number of 276 to Graham's count of 223 + the couple of dozen Plus's. Slow but steady progress.

cheng, I'm willing to bet that as soon as the belt you're looking for shows up on a Mystery Figure, we'll find out its number. Seems to be a pretty strong trend - almost all of these Wearable/Accessories seem to be mystery parts.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #14 on: July 23, 2014, 19:58:17 »
Excellent work Graham! You are aware of the Playmobil Pals line that was carried at US Target stores some years back? They had packaging variation but were often reissues of older or current Specials. There were a couple that were specific to the line though. There is a thread at Klickywelt at http://www.klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20035

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: July 24, 2014, 01:30:36 »
...cheng, I'm willing to bet that as soon as the belt you're looking for shows up on a Mystery Figure, we'll find out its number. Seems to be a pretty strong trend - almost all of these Wearable/Accessories seem to be mystery parts.

Heather, there's so much info on this thread....my waiting for new Fi?ures is for these accesories only...you're most correct....but how do you find their part numbers without asking DS individually? Do you have the 30239142 ETN (for the white Alpine tuft which goes on his hat) already? (I waited for years for the brown tuft to be reissued and I'm happier that its even in white) thanks for sharing and teaching me more!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: July 24, 2014, 02:16:07 »
..Sorry, cheng, the only part numbers I can find are these two, for black "belt, tied loosely".

....buying parts to find out what they look like,
...... ETNs of parts sent in error,

thanks Graham! I will wait for those white 'cotton' belts or my Samurai soldiers will need one hand to hold up their pants ;D

sometimes I buy parts to find out if they are dark red or brown or dark grey and not black or silver etc (the colours in the 3D plans are sometimes not very clear...I still prefer the old drawings)

Offline sbblabotw

• Mistress of PlaymoDB
  • Playmo Addict
    • PlaymoDB ... the UNOFFICIAL online database for Playmobil® toys
« Reply #17 on: July 24, 2014, 02:24:06 »
Heather, there's so much info on this thread....my waiting for new Fi?ures is for these accesories only...you're most correct....but how do you find their part numbers without asking DS individually? Do you have the 30239142 ETN (for the white Alpine tuft which goes on his hat) already? (I waited for years for the brown tuft to be reissued and I'm happier that its even in white) thanks for sharing and teaching me more!

I don't actually ask DS directly, but I put in numbers, one after the other, into the Ersatzteile Finden form at playmobil.de and record what I get. (Actually I wrote a program to do it automatically. Much faster.) I do have that little feather - actually the one in 6395 is different from the one in 5157, and I have both numbers. Do a text search for "alpine hat",  you'll see all three there.
PlaymoDB.org has catalogued over FIFTY-FIVE THOUSAND parts in more than 6100 sets. Come and visit to find any set or part numbers you need to know!

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: July 24, 2014, 07:33:58 »
...Ersatzteile Finden(Actually I wrote a program to do it automatically......- actually the one in 6395 is different from the one in 5157...

Thank you Heather! Such a tiny part and they made 2 different moulds within such a short time?! (or just that its grey in 6395)....I ordered those from Fi?ures(5157) but I would have ordered those from the Alpine family(6395) just to learn the difference.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #19 on: July 24, 2014, 08:54:24 »
I wasn't able to download any of your lists, though.  I kept getting the error message "HTTP 404 Not Found." Is it just me?
Not just you, when I tried yesterday none of the links worked for me.

Sorry! I copied the files to another folder, turned out I had moved them out of my Dropbox folder. They are back now!

Instead of just putting up with PlaymoDB's failings

I'm glad you see it that way, Heather.  As you know, I am big fan of the DB, use it incessantly and want to give something back... I am more than happy to supply the additions/ corrections I discovered in any format which helps you, when you are ready. I don't think my colour-coding (in the Excel file and its pdf copy) is particularly easy to use, but I can extract the information into separate lists if you want.

Excellent work Graham! You are aware of the Playmobil Pals line that was carried at US Target stores some years back? They had packaging variation but were often reissues of older or current Specials. There were a couple that were specific to the line though. There is a thread at Klickywelt at http://www.klickywelt.de/viewtopic.php?f=13&t=20035

Thanks, Tiermann. I will look into that. I think Geobra do quite often repackage and reissue sets to different markets. They still do!

sometimes I buy parts to find out if they are dark red or brown or dark grey and not black or silver etc (the colours in the 3D plans are sometimes not very clear...I still prefer the old drawings)

I agree, cheng. Sometimes its hard to see the colour. But some of the parts on Ersatzteile-Finden have neither colour in the description, nor a picture to help. I know they will probably get round to putting them up there, I'm just impatient. And Geobra really are not generous with information, IMO.
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)