Author Topic: Our Crazy Deal of the Decade!  (Read 4479 times)

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
Re: Our Crazy Deal of the Decade!
« Reply #10 on: March 25, 2014, 01:52:12 »
We are having a great time with it, too. :love: Chris is building an EMS/fire/police training academy, and it's quite awesome. Will post pics when it's finished, of course!
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: March 25, 2014, 02:45:10 »
It makes me want to venture to both Toys R Us near me... Too bad I'm broke lol
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)

Offline sunflower

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #12 on: March 25, 2014, 10:10:49 »
Congatulations!  :clover: you!

Looking forward to impressive buildings.
life in plastic it's fantastic

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #13 on: March 25, 2014, 13:00:36 »
Too bad I'm broke lol

I hear that! I wish we had more money... could have gotten five more. :-[ On the other hand, we would probably literally drown in system x pieces at that point! :lol:
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: March 25, 2014, 13:24:11 »
sounds great. That is an incredible deal. I am interested how you are gong to use the parts. Some of them are tricky to customize with.

Did they really have 5 more? I will have to go check our local store and perhaps others as well.

That deal is too good to not at least check the stores.

Thanks for the tip and good luck on the building, share those pictures...please

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Indianna

• Playmo Detective
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: March 25, 2014, 13:43:03 »
. . . That deal is too good to not at least check the stores. . .

So true!  Bonniebeth's great score sent me to TRU yesterday where I bought even more Playmobil that I don't need  ;D.  There weren't any schools but I did get 2 FAO soldiers for about $2 each, 2 half-price advent calendars, the big FAO Victorian set for $35, and some Series 4 figures at $2.39 (I will squeeze, poke, and fondle them in the comfort and privacy of my own home, then return any I don't want later.  ;))

ToysRUs has lots of sets on clearance now - looks like most of the dinosaurs, some western, and more I don't remember at the mment.  If there is a set you like, use the price checker and see if it's marked for clearance.  All sets, including clearance items, are still 20% off until Saturday, March 29
U.S.A.      Massachusetts

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: March 25, 2014, 13:57:00 »
So true!  Bonniebeth's great score sent me to TRU yesterday where I bought even more Playmobil that I don't need  ;D.  There weren't any schools but I did get 2 FAO soldiers for about $2 each, 2 half-price advent calendars, the big FAO Victorian set for $35, and some Series 4 figures at $2.39 (I will squeeze, poke, and fondle them in the comfort and privacy of my own home, then return any I don't want later.  ;))

ToysRUs has lots of sets on clearance now - looks like most of the dinosaurs, some western, and more I don't remember at the mment.  If there is a set you like, use the price checker and see if it's marked for clearance.  All sets, including clearance items, are still 20% off until Saturday, March 29

:confetti: :woohoo: :confetti:

nice finds

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #17 on: March 25, 2014, 14:30:55 »
Yes, we were considering some dinosaurs until we found the schools. There are only two sets from that series I don't have; the one with the velociraptor, and the big T-rex/volcano set.

Ras, yes, they had five more! There was one on the sales floor, and they had seven in the warehouse. The guy who brought them out said he brought the ones that looked the best, and both boxes were very beat up and broken, so the others must look really bad. The pieces inside were fine though. The one on the sales floor had been opened, but nothing was missing.

And I think you'll be quite impressed with Chris's building. I know I am! :love: All those curved walls and specialty pieces are put to great use.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: March 25, 2014, 14:48:28 »
IF our store does not have any do you think there is a chance you could pick the 5 up for us? Not super important just wondering. Even though the walls are really thin system x its still great to have the parts.  :prays:

I really want to see what Chris made especially the way he used the stairs and the special wall pieces. They annoy me on how to use them.

Offline leefert

• Playmo Master
« Reply #19 on: March 25, 2014, 18:02:45 »

You all are killing me with your awesome finds!  I haven't seen the FAO Schwarz sets at my TRU in a long time.  I guess Friday morning after I get off work I am going to venture to TRU!

And now I am hoping that they have the school building (mulitple of them) for that price.  I've come up with an idea for it.  And I also found that I have a $10 off purchase of $30 or more coupon for TRU that expires Saturday, so I've got to put that to good use :)
« Last Edit: March 25, 2014, 19:54:01 by leefert »
I'm glad that I'm not the only one :)