Author Topic: figure suggestions/predictions.  (Read 15277 times)

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
Re: figure suggestions/predictions.
« Reply #40 on: April 26, 2014, 18:29:54 »
My 10 year old daughter has been playing with the Easter Bunny figures over the last couple of weeks and really likes them. She is going to write to Playmobil and suggest they do more animal-klickies (like Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters). I think she has more chance of getting Geobra to listen than us collectors ever will!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #41 on: April 26, 2014, 18:35:28 »
My 10 year old daughter has been playing with the Easter Bunny figures over the last couple of weeks and really likes them. She is going to write to Playmobil and suggest they do more animal-klickies (like Sylvanian Families/Calico Critters). I think she has more chance of getting Geobra to listen than us collectors ever will!

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #42 on: April 26, 2014, 19:08:03 »
Encourage her to do that. I probably wouldn't buy them, but it's hilarious to see everyone's reactions to the humanoid creatures. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #43 on: April 26, 2014, 23:31:00 »

I find it interesting that you feel that Geobra would listen to your 10 year old and not to the financing behind the purchase. Us collectors are the parents/adults who put up the hard earned money to buy the premium toys.  I know I am seen as the blister on the foot but hell, I send my share of money to Geobras coffers. I will keep persisting on getting what we (my kids and I) want out of playmobil. 
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #44 on: April 27, 2014, 08:53:09 »
I find it interesting that you feel that Geobra would listen to your 10 year old and not to the financing behind the purchase. Us collectors are the parents/adults who put up the hard earned money to buy the premium toys.  I know I am seen as the blister on the foot but hell, I send my share of money to Geobras coffers. I will keep persisting on getting what we (my kids and I) want out of playmobil.

Well my contribution was made with some irony, but Geobra representatives do keep on telling us their target market is children. And children do have their own purchasing power and their own views on what they want to buy. My daughter would gladly spend £10 on a small set if it matched her aspirations and (with some exceptions), my wife and I respect our children's choices over how they spend their money (yes, which we give them).
I too wish Geobra would listen more to adult collectors, or even to parents.  In any case we can dream! I don't think the shelves will be full of animal klickies any time soon- don't panic Tahra!
At that moment the ship suddenly stopped rocking and swaying, the engine pitch settled down to a gentle hum. 'Hey Ford.' said Zaphod, 'that sounds good. Have you worked out the controls on this boat?' 'No,' said Ford, 'I just stopped fiddling with them.' (With thanks to Douglas Adams)

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #45 on: April 27, 2014, 09:09:59 »
yes gays, lesbians and trans gender people are humans, so yes they look like other humans. Its how the sets are sold. If a set was sold with 2 well dressed and groomed males holding hands  I am sure customers would get the point. If they are dimwitted then yes throw in a rainbow flag to drive the point home.
That would be a bit difficult for a mystery F?gure...  :lol:

The Trany would be really interesting though.
I'm not quite sure how you'd pull that off clearly, since drag queens and male transvestites generally pad up top. They'd just look like women klickies with lots of make up. We already have klickies like that...

Geobra has beaten the Christian horse to death but there are so many more that could/would teach kids about the larger world.
Christian sets sell, so Geobra makes them. You'd be hard-pressed to find another religion that is more interested in playing with toys of religious figures. A rabbi and a Tibetan monk would make interesting F?gures though.

No, not more animal klickies!  :0 Sylvanian animals are cute. The Playmo bunny mutants are not.

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #46 on: April 27, 2014, 10:17:13 »
No, not more animal klickies!  :0 Sylvanian animals are cute. The Playmo bunny mutants are not.

I agree!

Offline Rhalius

• Playmo Master
« Reply #47 on: April 28, 2014, 10:02:30 »
I'd say that a clicky's sexual orientation would be very much up for grabs. I dont think any statement needs to be made here at all. Clickies can be however you want them to be.

That said, the medieval tower herald in his pink shirt, lime green pants and with his curly blonde hair and curly blonde beard seems very feminine and I have always implied for him to be gay. Even as kids we considered that clicky to be gay. But he was treated as an equal, he was no outsider. He just was quite enthusiastic about his job as a herald.

Just leave it up to the kids. If kids have gay parents or know someone with gay parents, chances are they might form a gay couple amongst their clickies. Personly I grew up with no such thing in my enviroment. The only gay people I saw where on tv, hence this herald I had was inspired by the kind of stereotype gay men you'd see on tv in movies and even cartoons at the time.

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #48 on: April 28, 2014, 10:04:00 »
The problem with humanity, in general, is that evey age thinks it is much more enlightened than it really is. The victorians thought they were very enlightened, for eg, and see how they went about enlightening the aborigines in australia ...

Who knows how future generations will judge our attitudes, in 200 years time ...
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline GrahamB

• Playmo Master
    • Playmofanatic
« Reply #49 on: April 28, 2014, 11:30:48 »
... herald in his pink shirt, lime green pants and with his curly blonde hair and curly blonde beard ...

Oh yes! (see attached image)

The victorians thought they were very enlightened, for eg, and see how they went about enlightening the aborigines in australia ...
Good point!
If you haven't already, you should read Matthew Kneale's English Passengers for a superb (and very funny, at times) insight into that very subject. :)