Author Topic: figure suggestions/predictions.  (Read 15281 times)

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
Re: figure suggestions/predictions.
« Reply #30 on: April 25, 2014, 01:54:46 »
Hmm, well I could see a female knight being passed off as a Jeanne d'Arc. That seems like it would fit the styling of the Fi?ures line.

Some more suggestions from me:

1) Tribal Warrior - I'd like to see some more with big carved wooden masks. Those are cool.
2) Crusader - This would fit and be popular for sure; it could be a different order than the Templars or Teutonic Knights for a change.
3) Demon Knight - This one could have the horned helm from the red demon knight Special Plus in another moulded colour scheme. Maybe blue and black or silver and black or something.

And, again, not that I particularly like any figures that are based on franchises or real people, but I've always thought it would be cool to make some customs based on Avatar: The Last Airbender. A Tibetan monk or some heavy fur-coated folk (like the older ones with the igloos) could provide nice parts for these. ;D And some hooked swords like Jet uses would be great and could fit into the new Asian Dragonland theme probably... I'm not sure if any of you have ever watched the show. :lol:
~Pynedor~

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #31 on: April 25, 2014, 03:50:48 »
An arctic dude with a husky would be awesome because HUSKY.  :love:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #32 on: April 25, 2014, 12:38:46 »
Granted. But we did get a number of female pirates etc in the past didnt we? Having more smacks of historical revisionism, I think. Sure there were female aviators, outlaws and so on, but come on, it was a very small minority. I just wish that reality were reflected more, is all  :)
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #33 on: April 25, 2014, 14:05:56 »
I would like to see gays, lesbians, trans-gender Fi?ures . In this day and age its about time.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline Bolingbroke

• Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: April 25, 2014, 15:06:01 »
What would a gay klicky look like  ???
"Company, villanous company, hath been the spoil of me."

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #35 on: April 25, 2014, 18:36:32 »
Hopefully, no different than the usual clickies, otherwise they'd be prejudiced. Unless they create a clicky with a rainbow flag…
Life in the so called space age...

Offline Ismene

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: April 26, 2014, 09:35:59 »
Granted. But we did get a number of female pirates etc in the past didnt we? Having more smacks of historical revisionism, I think. Sure there were female aviators, outlaws and so on, but come on, it was a very small minority. I just wish that reality were reflected more, is all  :)

Kings were an even smaller minority, and we get dozens of them.  ;)

I don't think we need to have a higher percentage of female pirate figures than there are now. They've covered that. (Actually, I just want them to make gypsies... I don't collect pirates.)

The female outlaw and cowgirl figures aren't distinctively outlaws or cowgirls. We just call them that because of the sets they are in. They could pass as housewives, if you prefer. They're open to interpretation. And really, if someone were going to round up cows, she would wear pants because side-saddle just doesn't work for ranching duties.

As far as I know, there have been no early aviator figures of either gender. [On a historical note, during WWII women pilots flew military aircraft on non-combat flights.]

I don't see the point in gay klickies. Most gay people look like everyone else.

Offline Pynedor

• Playmo Master
« Reply #37 on: April 26, 2014, 11:44:03 »
Good points, Ismene. :lol:

Kings were an even smaller minority, and we get dozens of them.  ;)

This is interesting. I wonder what the real numbers have been throughout history. There were a lot of kings (particularly in areas with many small kingdoms of course), but I'm sure there were a lot of female pirates during the age of sailing ships also. :lol:

Regardless, I wouldn't mind more female characters in these roles, even if some of them could be considered more fantasy-like or rarities in respect to historical trends. :D
~Pynedor~

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #38 on: April 26, 2014, 15:58:48 »
yes gays, lesbians and trans gender people are humans, so yes they look like other humans. Its how the sets are sold. If a set was sold with 2 well dressed and groomed males holding hands  I am sure customers would get the point. If they are dimwitted then yes throw in a rainbow flag to drive the point home. Then some butch looking females in pants, a short hair doo, with a kid should get the point across. The Trany would be really interesting though. One for the most inappropriate toy according to religious groups but could get a lot of support from alternative lifestyle types.

I still would like to see more religious cults represented. Geobra has beaten the Christian horse to death but there are so many more that could/would teach kids about the larger world.
If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #39 on: April 26, 2014, 16:06:31 »
I do think we have more than enough kings and queens. Oh, and cooks.   ???

I see no point in "gay" klickys - we've had those since.... I have no idea since when.

I wish they'd stop "religious sets". Or if they do a cult, at least do them all. Not the same one, over and over and over and over... (at least they renamed the "animal ark", and hopefully stopped including the leaflet  :0 )

We could use variety in the figures. The fencing guy was in the "olympic sets" not that long ago. The roman is another repeat, me thinks. Meh.