Author Topic: Ancient Chinese fishermen  (Read 3411 times)

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
Re: Ancient Chinese fishermen
« Reply #20 on: June 12, 2013, 06:23:57 »
Another set of wonderful customs, cheng.  All you need now is a cormorant from Playmobil so you can have a fisherman using that to fish.

Is the "Water Margin" mentioned the TV series from the 1960s?

I may have some bits of the plastic ties which come holding electric flex as I just bought a new satnav.  Any I find, I'll send to you, cheng.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: June 12, 2013, 06:48:04 »
thanks Playmofriends!!

Another set of wonderful customs, cheng.  All you need now is a cormorant from Playmobil so you can have a fisherman using that to fish.

I may have some bits of the plastic ties which come holding electric flex as I just bought a new satnav.  Any I find, I'll send to you, cheng.

thanks Gordon;
ah...those goose-like birds with tight rings(prevent them from swallowing, right?) around their necks
oh, I didnt know they showed Water Margin in England back in those days even!
but I dont remember the old TV series, there is a newer one in colour ;)
those ties has to be long enough to go 1 full round a kliky's waist and a bit left for twisting...completely flat ones I hope (not those you see a central bulge for covering a thin round wire) please send photo first if you find suitable flat PVC-wire ties ;)

Offline larryhohoho

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #22 on: June 12, 2013, 07:09:06 »

China made another "Water Margin" aka "Outlaws of the Marsh" TV series right after the longest running Chinese series "Romance of the Three Kingdoms" in early 2000.

I like Three Kingdoms but "Water Margin" was the better TV series. It was really moving towards the end...

I think China recently did yet another run of the two series... Which didn't look very good to me although I have not watch it either to be a good judge of it.
"Things You Own End Up Owning You" - Tyler Durden

Offline playmofire

• Klicky Firemeister
  • Playmo Guru
    • Copt Hewick Volunteer Fire Brigade - probably the world's smallest fire brigade!
« Reply #23 on: June 12, 2013, 08:34:57 »
Just realised that it was our TV that was black and white, not the film!  And it was in the 1970s.  In fact, I found this on Youtube which made me realise my mistake:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UqsAye_EiA0

The theme is very much like the early James Bond films in places and the narrator, Burt Kwouk, is probably best known in the UK for his role in the comedy series "Last of the Summer Wine" as Entwistle from Hull.
“Today well-lived makes every yesterday a day of happiness to remember and every tomorrow a vision of hope.”

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: June 12, 2013, 09:40:54 »
LarryHHH, is the "All men are brothers" tv series similar to the "Marsh Margin" you are talking about?

and Gordon, I've not seen the youtube clip you shared, the credits are mostly Japanese names and probably a local japanese production aired by NipponTV

Offline larryhohoho

• Playmo Lover
« Reply #25 on: June 13, 2013, 02:15:09 »
LarryHHH, is the "All men are brothers" tv series similar to the "Marsh Margin" you are talking about?

and Gordon, I've not seen the youtube clip you shared, the credits are mostly Japanese names and probably a local japanese production aired by NipponTV

"All men are brothers" is the new 'not-so-credible-looking' production, the one I watched was by CCTV:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Water_Margin_(1998_TV_series)

http://www.zenpro.heychinese.com/outlaws-of-the-marsh-shui-hu-zhuan-15-dvd-boxset-cctv-p-210.html
"Things You Own End Up Owning You" - Tyler Durden

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #26 on: June 13, 2013, 02:37:59 »
thanks a lot LarryHHH...and I hope you will start customising them soon ;)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #27 on: June 13, 2013, 07:15:19 »
...I may have some bits of the plastic ties which come holding electric flex as I just bought a new satnav.  Any I find, I'll send to you, cheng.

thank you Gordon, you have already (just) given me these...and I've just got some yesterday...these are bendable PVC paper fasterners

and Arnaud, I'll try with a Katana and show you here...and thank you too for the idea ;) 

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #28 on: June 13, 2013, 07:18:50 »
and Arnaud, I'll try with a Katana and show you here...and thank you too for the idea ;) 

You're welcome!  And I can't wait to see what it looks like.  ;)
Life in the so called space age...

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #29 on: June 13, 2013, 07:32:49 »
oops..I forgot to attach pic..here it is;