Author Topic: Ancient Chinese fishermen  (Read 3414 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: Ancient Chinese fishermen
« Reply #10 on: June 07, 2013, 08:00:53 »
Exciting. Are these prints coloured?  :o

hey Micheal, white (think they are almost always white...at least those I've seen but there could be other colured granules...but white would be the most conveninet(neutral) conlour except that its very hard to see ;)

Offline Luis

• Playmo Master
« Reply #11 on: June 07, 2013, 15:53:04 »
very nice, Cheng
Enjoy the elegance and fun of 1900 with The Victorians photo story! :gent: ;D :sherlock:

Offline Georgeag1972

• Playmo Master
« Reply #12 on: June 08, 2013, 18:20:38 »
I like them very much and especially their hats. :love: Excellent job cheng well done!!
  Your passion, is inspiration for us!!!!

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: June 08, 2013, 19:13:08 »
Hey Cheng! I'm not quiet, just busy, but whenever I get a chance to connect on PF, I check for Mod School and then straight to your posts!
The concentric circles on the hats are the construction lines left by the printer. Actually, Jingasas are the only items where these grooves add to the realism.  :-\
I love all the fine details you added and specially the face of the right hand guy! He looks like he's wearing a theater mask!
May I ask what material you used for the belts?

gifts from Cowabounga...and priceless to me (for his painstaking planning and prototyping)
You did actually help make those as accurate as possible, thank you.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2013, 09:29:53 »
thanks Luis & George!
and Arnaud...those are original PM judoka belts...now I'm searching for the white ones (from the 'Masai' chief) ;)

Offline cowabounga

• Playmo Master
« Reply #15 on: June 09, 2013, 11:29:10 »
thanks Luis & George!
and Arnaud...those are original PM judoka belts...now I'm searching for the white ones (from the 'Masai' chief) ;)

Now I feel stupid! Always looking for something special, and I miss the obvious!!!! I thought maybe we could fit a katana through the loop of the belt. Too bad.
Life in the so called space age...

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #16 on: June 09, 2013, 13:54:41 »
....I thought maybe we could fit a katana through the loop of the belt. Too bad.

Good idea, Arnaud! are you able to find those flat 'twisty-wires' that is plastic-coated on both sides? I have seen them some where before (not sold in rolls but rather, used to tie new electrical products) ...I'll look search too

Offline DrDalek6

• Playmo Master
    • BTCV Mini Carbon Army
« Reply #17 on: June 09, 2013, 15:11:12 »
I really like those figure great use of the ragged trousers and hairy chests, my favourite has got to be the guy in the white shrit but, they all look good and the hats look really cool as well  :)   

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #18 on: June 09, 2013, 18:39:03 »
great looking figures! I saw a photo from one of the Spanish shows where they had used the top off an old style covered wagon fit to a Viking Longboat hull to make an Asian riverboat. It looked great, just the sport of thing these guys would use I should think.

Offline Limorrj

• Playmo Fanatic
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2013, 01:05:23 »
Very nice customs.  :clap:
I really like your asians.
Much better than Playmobil originals ones.  :)9
Greetings
Leonardo