Author Topic: Castle  (Read 4369 times)

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
Re: Castle
« Reply #10 on: May 28, 2013, 18:09:44 »
Thank you all for the comments!

This castle has been the result of many revisions - and probably there will be changes in the future (not dramatic ones, but some details etc.). Anyway, I don't like to much symmetry since the eyes get bored too fast. I had to realize/learn this over the years...

Cheers,
HDL

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #11 on: May 28, 2013, 18:15:20 »
It looks very very nice! As noted before, all the levels make it so real...

Offline Tiermann

• Playmo Master
  • Playmosaurus friendus
    • Animobil
« Reply #12 on: May 30, 2013, 19:04:31 »
Love your castle. I am a huge fan of multiple layers and lots of varied roof lines.

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #13 on: May 30, 2013, 19:21:45 »
A beautiful castle, Stefan  :)9
Just one thing:  to me it looks more like a landcastle, not immediately a harbourfortress to fight off ennemy ships/fleets...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #14 on: May 31, 2013, 05:29:18 »
A beautiful castle, Stefan  :)9
Just one thing:  to me it looks more like a landcastle, not immediately a harbourfortress to fight off ennemy ships/fleets...

Yes and no... I have struggled for a while to find out what I like. In my current version the castle is not directly at the water front. I have decided to have the harbor less fortified and more open (using several "double archways"). There's a tower about in the middle where cannons are placed and also on the right and left there will be some fortification (not shown).

Here's the overview of the city - the castle is top right and the harbor is at the bottom. On the far right I have placed the carpenter's shop from another thread. I will give a sneak preview on the harbor and the marketplace and the main entrance gate. The harbor side is only accessible from the water and therefore less prone to attacks - except for cannon fire from warships (then everything is lost anyway...). But they won't approach too close otherwise they are hit as well...

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #15 on: May 31, 2013, 05:33:39 »
main gate and marketplace (draft)

Offline tahra

• Playmo Guru
    • playkingdoms
« Reply #16 on: May 31, 2013, 07:48:54 »
:o

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #17 on: May 31, 2013, 20:29:02 »
Awesome, that's how I like it!  :)9 :captain:

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline Wesley Myers

• Playmo Master
« Reply #18 on: June 01, 2013, 03:20:00 »
Awesome!

Is this going to be for a display at a convention or ?

I want to see a picture of it all together!!!

Offline hauden_lukas

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #19 on: June 01, 2013, 15:17:10 »
Awesome!
Is this going to be for a display at a convention or ?
I want to see a picture of it all together!!!

My dream would be to have a permanent display inside a house. I don't have a basement so I would need to start with the garage first. I am planning and gathering parts now for years. There's still more planning to do: filling the city & harbor with "life" - meaning populating with klickies and creating scenes in between and around buildings. But I am approaching my goal in big leaps: I am pretty happy with the city and that is a sound foundation for the rest of the work. In the end, the city will have around 45 houses and an estimated population (= people living there, merchants, and sailors) of 150-200 klickies plus 30-60 soldiers.