Author Topic: Scenes From the Zoo  (Read 5399 times)

Offline PlaymoZoo

• Playmo Lover
Re: Scenes From the Zoo
« Reply #30 on: October 30, 2012, 20:27:32 »
Wow, great job! they are all so true! :clap:  :lol:
Visiting the zoo, there are always shouters and complainers. Always!
PlaymoZoo :wave:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #31 on: October 30, 2012, 20:50:45 »
Thanks! And yes, I agree, those ones are always there. Along with the idiots. :lol:
My playmobil zoo: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E-0grq9acog
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline el jefe

• Playmo Addict
« Reply #32 on: November 02, 2012, 19:57:15 »
You know who should be on the list?  The Glass Pounders.  (they might fall under the "idiot" category)  I went to the Henry Doorly Zoo here in Omaha a few months ago and all these people were pounding on the glass and the poor gorilla just stared at me with this look like "this is horrible, help!"  There usually pounding on the glass about a foot away from the sign that says not too. 

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #33 on: November 02, 2012, 20:19:55 »
Oh, I'm so jealous, I want to go to that zoo so bad! But yeah, there's always some idiot who thinks pounding the glass, yelling, whistling, whatever, is going to make the animal do something interesting. ::) Just leave them alone and enjoy watching their natural behaviours!
In the end, we will conserve only what we love. We will love only what we understand. We will understand only what we are taught.

Offline Rasputin

• The Mad Monk
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #34 on: November 05, 2012, 18:24:29 »
Really great idea with showing your experiences at the zoo through playmobil. We have also seen all of the examples at our SF zoo when we volunteered there to help maintain the plants. I have a hard time going to the zoo though for similar reasons you have a hard time with the circus  :'(

If you hear the sound of the bell which will tell you that Grigori has been killed, if it was your relations who have wrought my death, then no one in the family will remain alive. They will be killed by the Russian people. :prays:

Offline bonniebeth

• playmo zoo architect
  • Playmo Guru
    • my youtube channel
« Reply #35 on: November 05, 2012, 18:48:21 »
Yeah, I think we have totally opposite opinions on that! But I will say that zoos take animals that have been rescued from the circus, not the other way around. ;) Animals don't enjoy the thrill of performing, they do it out of fear of the cruel things the trainers do to them if they make a mistake. :( And if they're not performing, they're in a cage they can hardly move around in. Granted, some zoos are almost as bad, but I don't support roadside zoos. Zoos do train smarter animals like elephants enough to keep them mentally stimulated, but they aren't forced to perform on cue if they aren't in the mood. Also most of the training they put them through is to aid in giving them medical examinations, like training elephants to lift up their feet one at a time to be inspected for sores.

Btw Ras, you really need to see Madagascar 3. It depicts the animals enjoying the "freedom" (yeah right) of circus life instead of being in a zoo. There's also a Russian tiger who's addicted to borscht. :P

Offline Baron Marshall

• Playmo Master
« Reply #36 on: November 05, 2012, 20:23:29 »
Really great idea with showing your experiences at the zoo through playmobil. We have also seen all of the examples at our SF zoo when we volunteered there to help maintain the plants. I have a hard time going to the zoo though for similar reasons you have a hard time with the circus  :'(

I feel the same way about the animals in that particular zoo  :'( ... but I have also been to many other zoos where the animals are treated much better  ;)
Someday, I will organize my stuff, I promise.