Author Topic: summer sleeves for my blood red Samurai Army  (Read 3284 times)

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
Re: summer sleeves for my blood red Samurai Army
« Reply #20 on: October 20, 2012, 04:30:33 »
do you have him Hadoque?
I like to see if his rolled-up sleeves match our PM orangy brown torsos

Offline Hadoque

• Capitaine de la "Licorne"
  • Playmo Master
« Reply #21 on: October 21, 2012, 00:17:23 »
No, not yet. I won't be buying the Hotel Theme's van just to get this guy  :lol: , so I've put him on my DS-list.
Will take some time to get him though as I've too much else to do momentarily, so all DS-orders have to wait...

I looked at the klicky yesterday at the back of the box in a store, and the torso/arm-colour seems a kind of red, but not as red as usual, it looks like somewhere between orange and red   :-\

And it is not 100% certain yet he actually comes with these rolled-up sleeves as shown;
Someone on Klickywelt bought the set and the klicky came with the standard short sleeves  ???
Maybe it was a single production-mistake, but other possibilities are that the pictures (catalogue and box) are wrong, or that between the prototype and production phase they decided to delete the rollep-up sleeves and go to standard short sleeves to save a bit on plastic...
To Gaston (Tonguello) happened the same thing with a Suprise Figure; it came with short sleeves instead of rolled-up ones...

Resistance is futile, you will be boarded!

Offline WarriorOfToys

• Wargaming Fanatic
  • Playmo Master
    • Come check out my Playmobil movies!
« Reply #22 on: October 25, 2012, 13:55:56 »
I guess this is why there are so few Samurai customizers, because they are all too intimidated by your very impressive Samurai Cheng! :wow:
Can you pleeeease tell me how to make that drum? ;D

And where are you getting these rolled up sleeves? ???
Steck is BACK! <:>

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #23 on: October 29, 2012, 01:47:51 »
the torso/arm-colour seems a kind of red, but not as red as usual, it looks like somewhere between orange and red   :-\

....(maybe)they decided to delete the rollep-up sleeves and go to standard short sleeves to save a bit on plastic...

To Gaston (Tonguello) happened the same thing with a Suprise Figure; it came with short sleeves instead of rolled-up ones...

thanks for your interesting comments Hadoque!
a lot of 'maybe's from me too;
some new colours (maybe the hotel doorman's pink is necessary and maybe these new colours will attract more girls/moms to buy BUT this orange/red torso/sleeve shade may not make any difference to boys(maybe their moms) ::)
maybe more unique & unmatchable colours is Geobra's way of reducing customising?  ;D
but surely will increase production/stocking cost(listing them, change colours of raw materials etc)

but its definitely painful to even receive occassional mistakes from what's shown on boxes :P

Offline cheng

• Playmo Master
« Reply #24 on: October 29, 2012, 02:00:13 »
I guess this is why there are so few Samurai customizers, because they are all too intimidated by your very impressive Samurai Cheng! :wow:
Can you pleeeease tell me how to make that drum? ;D

And where are you getting these rolled up sleeves? ???

thanks WOT and I'll be glad to explain any thing that these threads don't;
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=11241.msg209227#msg209227
http://www.playmofriends.com/forum/index.php?topic=9638.msg176326#msg176326

youve been away from PF for a while, while I've been going overboard making these rolled-up sleeves (being fed-up with those newer button&strap sleeves) in several threads using those animal bandages